What's new

Authorize this computer

hudriver

Reaction score
When I try to copy music from iTunes to my iPhone, some of them will not copy. "some of the items were not copied to the iPhone because you are not authorized to play it on this computer." I have already authorized my computer through the iTunes Store. I even tried deauthorizing my computer, restarting it, opening iTunes and reauthorizing it. Same problem. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• $iTunes.jpg
    $iTunes.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 726
The ones that aren't copying, did you purchase them on itunes.

Google_plus.jpg

Try these... maybe they'll work

update ipod and itunes for latest features

Have you actually played the songs on your itunes

Do any of the songs have anything in common, purchased after a certain time, other computers, account info change.

Double click/right click the song, and see if you can enter you name/ID and password on the individual song.

Will they burn to a Disc, if so burn them, then download them again.

Try making a playlist on iTunes, then specifically make sure that playing is checked off to download onto to your ipod.

as a last resort, de-authorize all computers, and only authorize the one your syncing and/or loading songs with.

if all else fails... try repair disk in Utilities Application

Open Disk Utility (in /Applications/Utilities).

Select your Mac OS X volume in the left column, then click the First Aid tab.

Click Repair Disk Permissions

See what happen, maybe something will work...

Google_plus.jpg

Need A Invite

Same happens with me but I do not get any error message most of the time, they just don't get copied to iPhone. Say my iTuned library has 350 songs and when i sync only 275 will get copied to iPhone. I tried selecting all the songs/folders and then opting for 'sync selected songs only' but that does not help.. I will try the deauthorize/reauthorize cycle and see if that will help.. Will update soon about this...

Thanks so much Rubicon. I'll work my way down the list and let you know if any of your suggestions work.

Rubicon - I guess I'm just SOL.

I've spent the last few hours trying to make it work. I worked my way down your list.

I am unable to play those particular songs in iTunes as it says "computer not authorized to play (song). Would you like to authorize it?" It has an Apple ID that is not the one I use and the password will not work under that ID.

I made a playlist of the 13 songs in question and tried to synch that to my iPhone - same error message. That playlist would also not burn to a disc.

I only have 1 computer and it is authorized.

I repaired disc permissions.

The really odd thing is that I have those songs copied onto a free standing iPod (not the one on my iPhone) and they play fine.

Thanks for your time. If you have any other suggestions pass them on.

Rubicon - I guess I'm just SOL.

I've spent the last few hours trying to make it work. I worked my way down your list.

I am unable to play those particular songs in iTunes as it says "computer not authorized to play (song). Would you like to authorize it?" It has an Apple ID that is not the one I use and the password will not work under that ID.

I made a playlist of the 13 songs in question and tried to synch that to my iPhone - same error message. That playlist would also not burn to a disc.

I only have 1 computer and it is authorized.

I repaired disc permissions.

The really odd thing is that I have those songs copied onto a free standing iPod (not the one on my iPhone) and they play fine.

Thanks for your time. If you have any other suggestions pass them on.

Try burning them to a CD as if you making a CD for your car, then if all goes well and they play ok burn them back to your iTunes and ID them so you know the difference if duplicates appear in your library. Add a number or letter to their title or something.

On one of the songs your having a problem with, highlight it and hit the Command/Apple key and the letter I at the same time, you'll see a window appear with all kind of info, on the bottom Titled... WHERE... it should belong to your itunes... see if it states anything else.

I created a playlist of the songs that won't play. I was unable to burn it as I got the same error message - This computer can't play or burn this file...unauthorized.

The info on the songs that won't play have an account name which is an old email address of mine. Not the email address I use for my account. The songs that will play don't show an account name.

In the "where:" the songs that won't play end in - song title.m4p. Those that do play end in - song title.m4a. All songs, whether they play or not are in my iTunes.

The songs that won't play were purchased between 9/6 and 9/14.

I think I must have 2 accounts with Apple. I'm going to attempt to straighten that out with them.

Again, the weird thing is that the songs that won't play did copy to my iPad and I can play them from there.

I finally got it working by re-creating the iTunes library file (see attachment)

Attachments

• $iTunes.jpg
    $iTunes.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 894
im glad it all worked out.. at least now you got them all playing, i knew it'd be something titled/listing/ or something.