What's new

Audio Source doesn't change properly in car bluetooth

ImaPappy

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Lexus RX 350. When I use bluetooth in the car, all outgoing calls properly go to the car speakers. However, when I get an incoming call, the audio is directed to the Iphone 7+ ear speaker and I have to manually change it to the car speaker which causes me to take my eyes off the road.

BTW, It also happened in my last car, also a Lexus RX 350 so I believe its an Iphone issue. Or maybe a Verizon issue?

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thank You to all that answer.

Alan

Can't be sure but if you have paired the BT to the iPhone through the car's settings (mine worked half-a***without this stepson didn't realize it wasn't fully paired) check this setting Settings>Phone> Announce calls. Make sure this is set to Headphones and Car.

Can't be sure but if you have paired the BT to the iPhone through the car's settings (mine worked half-a***without this stepson didn't realize it wasn't fully paired) check this setting Settings>Phone> Announce calls. Make sure this is set to Headphones and Car.

Tried it .. didn't help .. incoming calls still go to IPhone ear speaker.

There is a Transmit Volumne setting on your vehicle. The default setting prevents others from hearing your call. I know, sounds backwards to me too. But that could be your issue.

It's a Lexus issue. Sorry to break it to you.

The BT pairing works as it should on a least a dozen of the cars I've rented over the past 3 months since I got my iPhone 7. No issues.

The one time it was buggy, all I did was unpair and then re-pair the phone and all was resolved.

IMG_0267.JPG
Just remembered something I had to do after IOS10. Had my iPhone phone settings to answer with speaker. And for some reason, it kept the CarPlay from using my cars speaker for calls, even those place through Siri. If I grabbed the iPhone and clicked off the speaker on the phone's display, it went through the car speakers. So I changed my answer settings to Automatic. Hope that helps you.

Last edited: