What's new

AT&T & Verizon Might be Following T-Mobile in Stopping Device Subsidization

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
$untitled.JPG

With T-Mobile to eliminate handset subsidies ahead of iPhone launch, AT&T Mobility & Verizon Wireless are "intrigued by the theory." Both AT&T & VZW CEO's have stated they will be watching how the lack of device subsidization effects things over the next couple months. From what we can tell, this doesn't mean that the end comsumer (you and I) will be forced to pay full price out of pocket for our new phones. However, each wireless company would be offering interest free (most likely to those who qualify) financing to pay for the cost of your phone over the contract duration. This shouldn't go without saying, though, that this is how many areas of the world purchase their devices. It's mainly the United States that will be effected.

How do you feel about this possible change?

Source: AT&T and Verizon also looking into ending device subsidies

Well if you plan on keeping it for the full contract I do t see an issue. If you plan on changing phones often probably not a good option.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

It really depends on the effect on the monthly payment. I am not a fan of the current 2-year contract as I like to have the latest and greatest.