What's new

AT&T to Verizon

smdmartin

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere; if so just link the thread to me. I have an android phone and am sick of this POS so I am looking to go to an iPhone. I have several friends who will give me their 4s (as they are getting the 5) but all are on AT&T; I have Verizon.

I know that AT&T used [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GSM / HSDPA and Verizon uses CDMA but I have seen it suggested that after a jailbreak of the iPhone the 4S can run either. However the caveat seems to be Verizon activating the phone.

Not sure of the validity to any of this so I thought I'd check here. Any insight is appreciated.

Cheers.
[/FONT]

The only think I can think of is to ask one of your friends for the MEID off the iPhone and call Verizon ans ask them if it can be activated. Remember to get the MEID and not the IMEI as the 4s uses both IMEI = GSM = AT&T and MEID = CDMA = Verizon. And the CDMA part would have to be unlocked (don't know if AT&T locks it on their iPhones. I went to Verizon when the 4 came out with them and I am still using it.)