What's new

At&t quality

nightwinger5

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting an AT&T data plan for my new ps vita. I was wondering if AT&T has good service because I have here about them slowing service down if you use more that 2 gb. Can anyone help me out

Att to my knowledge does not throttle data speeds. If you pay for 2 gig you get 2 gig. If you go over 2 gig you pay for going over 2 gig. Very easy. I have had at&t for years with no issues.

AT&T only throttles customers who are on the Unlimited data plan.

yup anything over 2gb will be slowed down to more than half... like less than 1mbps

AT&T publicly announced that existing Unlimited Data Plans will be throttled at 3GB on a 3g connection and 5GB of a 4g/LTE connection.

At present AT&T only sells metered data plans with the top one, for consumers, being at 3GB of data.

I love our AT&T service...both voice and data. We are still on the 2GB data plan, but almost everywhere I frequent we have wifi, so I rarely use 1/4 of my 2GB each month.

After reading in the news about at&t throttling data plans I need to update my last comment. I did not know that the throttling was happening to the unlimited plan holders unit just the other day when i seen it in the news. So YES at&t does throttle data.

I don't think At&t offers the 2GB plan any longer... they have a 200MB, 300MB, 3GB, and up from what I can see on the website. I'm contemplating going up to the 3GB from 200MB.

I don't think At&t offers the 2GB plan any longer... they have a 200MB, 300MB, 3GB, and up from what I can see on the website. I'm contemplating going up to the 3GB from 200MB.

No, they do not offer the 2GB plan...I considered switching myself, but just couldnt justify it seeing I use so little of the 2GB plan we are on.

96magnumram said:
No, they do not offer the 2GB plan...I considered switching myself, but just couldnt justify it seeing I use so little of the 2GB plan we are on.
That's weird... I'm using AT&T and I have the 2GB plan... When did that happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's weird... I'm using AT&T and I have the 2GB plan... When did that happen?
Pretty certain this is a recent change. Of course if you're already on the 2GB plan you'll continue to have the 2GB. However, it's no longer offered to new customers or existing who wish to upgrade or downgrade their data package.

AT&T also no longer offers the 200 meg plan. Now they offer the 300 meg plan for $20.00 .