What's new

AT&T claimed I wouldn't lose my unlimited data, now they won't give it back

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAllex

Reaction score
I had transferred the billing rights to myself after discussing with AT&T how my main concern was not losing my grandfathered unlimited data. They said I could transfer it with no problem and keep the plan. Simple enough, I have the same contract, number, and phone-- seems to make sense. Now they're trying to say it is impossible for me to get back, but I know of people who have done it very recently. I'd like some advice or perhaps suggestions on better carriers.

I have the grandfathered unlimited plan.
Upgraded to iPhone 5 last November at the same AT&T store I purchased the iPhone. My account is exactly the same including the 200 text for $5/month. With no problems.
Not sure what you mean by billing rights.

My contract date and phone number transferred from one name to another. A family member could no long pay the bill, so it was transferred to my name considering I've been paying for months.

I had transferred the billing rights to myself after discussing with AT&T how my main concern was not losing my grandfathered unlimited data. They said I could transfer it with no problem and keep the plan. Simple enough, I have the same contract, number, and phone-- seems to make sense. Now they're trying to say it is impossible for me to get back, but I know of people who have done it very recently. I'd like some advice or perhaps suggestions on better carriers.

Call AT&T and ask to speak to a Customer Service Manager. Explain what has happened to you and include the dates, places, names of the employees that have given you contradictory
Information. Ask for help. Remind them how long you have been a customer and how many devices you have purchased from them as we'll as maintained your service plan. Sympathy and good customer retention is in your favor.
Drjoepa

Thanks for providing advice to the OP and member here. However, based on their last post dated March 2013, chances are they have moved on and found their answer.

We will now close this thread.

Thanks,
Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.