What's new

Assistance with wallpaper

SomeDude

Reaction score
Greetings All,

I have a wallpaper that I have been trying to crop to fit my screen on the phone, but alas nothing seems to work. No matter what I do, major sections of the pic won't fit. Is there an app, or function built into the phone - other than the crop feature - that will allow me to shrink the pic so that it will fit the screen?

Thanks,
SD

The Adobe Photoshop Express app has a crop function. When you go to crop, one of the functions is "Device" which will crop to fit your phone screen ratio. It's free in the App Store. I'm sure there are any number of other apps which can do the same thing.

However, maybe I should mention that when you crop to a different ratio than the original you're almost always going to have parts of the photo that will be sacrificed. You said that you had major sections that don't fit. Are you talking about the parts of the photo that get cut out when you crop?

If you save the picture to your iPhone, then go into your Camera Roll, select the photo, click on the rectangle with the arrow on top, then from the options that will show pick Use as Wallpaper. At that point it usually lets me just pinch the photo corners to squish the photo down or stretch it. Is this the method you have been using?

Thank you for the responses, I will look into the Adobe app. As for reply #2, no, I try to crop the pic while inside the wallpaper icon in settings. I'll also try what you suggested. While we're on the subject, the colors never look right when I take picture using the camera. A few weeks ago we had a front go through and as the sun was coming out on the western horizon, snow started to fall and a massive rainbow appeared behind my home. I took a few pics with the phone and the colors didn't come anywhere near what my eye was witnessing. I haven't touched any of the colors on the camera, so what gives? Or is the phone just like that? It was a pity as this was one of those once-in-a-lifetime shots.

Well, the method I suggest is how Apple imagined/intended you to do it so that may solve that issue. As to the additional, J.A.and others on here post beautiful photos taken with their iPhones so I hope she can help you with that query.