What's new

Apps

Rdtcmtt

Reaction score
Hello folks I have the new iphone 5 and this is my first iphone ever and i must tell you i see why some of you folks wait in long lines to get one.
this is a real phone experiance .

There are so many things you can do with this phone and im learning everyday.

one of the things i would like to do is hide the apps so i can enjoy the wallpaper , with this incredible screen i enjoy looking at the wallpaper.

the apps are wonderful but i would like to hide the apps where they are not seen on the screen unless you ask for them, is that possible.

Thanks..Robert

Welcome to the Forum. I never thought about it that much, when I had Android I only had a limited number of apps on my 5 home pages and only used 3 of those pages.

With iPhone 5 I currently have a page and a half of apps. If you weren't aware of it you can take an app like a game app, tap and hold it. All the apps will shake like jello. You can then take that app and drop it into another game and a folder will be created, games. Do like wise with utilities and navigation and just about anything else.

This will keep your apps organized and clean up your screen, but it will not give you a blank screen. IOS 6 is smart enough to realize you don't need so much space so it will reduce the number of pages you have to turn to. So If you have 5 screens now and put everything into 3 you won't have 2 blank ones left over.

More then likely you will have to jailbreak to customize your screen like that but I might be wrong, I'm new myself. If I am wrong someone will come by to correct me (hopefully) but I don't see anyway to do it.

You've described it well, hookbill.

To have a completely blank screen, you'd have to jail break your phone and then use a variety of available tweaks.

The best you can do with a stock phone is put one icon (or folder) on a page so it's as sparsely populated as can be. Sorry.

Marilyn