What's new

APPS fail to update

DallasFan

Reaction score
I have tried to update my APPS almost every day for the last week.

I realize that it was a holiday week but I have about 75 apps and it seems that I normally have 12-15 to update every two weeks or so.

I never seem to be able to update them 1 or 2 at a time. It seems that when I update them, I always have 10, 15, 20 to do at one time.

Why do I have to do so many at once? Is it a function of my wireless provider, TMobile; or is it a decision by Apple to release so many at one time ?

I have not updated any in at least 2 weeks, perhaps 3.

Is it my phone, TMobile or Apple?

It is better to use WiFi to update your Apps. There have been more updates lately because of new IOS software. You just need to keep up with them! Of course, you could set the Apps to auto update.

App updates are provided by the developers, not by Apple, or your carrier, or your wireless provider.

If there are too many of them, it‘s possible that most of them stop loading/updating.
In that case:
Make sure your device is running the latest software version (11.2.1).
Sign out of the App Store, then sign in again.
Reset your network settings. Set them up again afterwards.

Thanks, I only use wifi to update apps, I have that as an option on my phone.

I realize that APP updates are provided by the developer but I was wondering if they had to be reviewed by APPLE first or if they release them on the same day etc........it seems that I often go to update my APPS on a particular day and nothing is there and the next day I have 10.

I have the latest software version.

But I'll try signing out of APPS and starting over.

Thanks!

App updates are provided by the developers, not by Apple, or your carrier, or your wireless provider.

If there are too many of them, it‘s possible that most of them stop loading/updating.
In that case:
Make sure your device is running the latest software version (11.2.1).
Sign out of the App Store, then sign in again.
Reset your network settings. Set them up again afterwards.

I updated the software they released on Friday.
I checked my settings and everything looked good.

I called TMobile and the agent said there was nothing wrong and we agreed that maybe the developers took a lot of vacation time recently.

I checked my APPS in the late afternoon and I had 21 APPS to update.

At least it is working again.

Does Apple have a suggestion box? I wonder why we have to update APPS and I cloud etc......and why they don't have a function that says Update Everything and when you hit the link it updates the iCloud, APPS, software versions etc.
That way, everything would be current with 1 function and you don't have to worry about forgetting anything.

Just an idea.

Thanks

Once the update appears in the App Store, if there's an issue, either the app store is having issues, or your wifi signal isn't working as it should. At that point, the developers would not have anything to do with it.