What's new

Apple's iPhone 8 Will Likely Have All-Glass Design And New Model

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
stack_w_755.jpg
After spending a few weeks with my iPhone 7 Plus, I have to say, this device is amazing. The camera works phenomenally and the added speed is very welcome. One thing that bugs me about this generation of iPhone is the lack of a redesign.

Most of use knew that Apple would be switching from a two-year to a three-year design cycle, but looking at the same design for three generations makes me miss the old days.

According to Nikkei Asian Review today, Apple's 2017 iPhone may include three different models. The company would release the two current size models, adding a 5-inch model to fit in the middle.

The report adds that next year's iPhones would be called the "iPhone 8", and the design would be completely overhauled. The iPhone 8 models would be sandwiched between two pieces of chemically hardened glass, held together by a metal frame.

"Apple has tentatively decided that all the 5.5-inch, 5-inch and 4.7-inch models will have glass backs, departing from metal casings adopted by current iPhones, and Biel and Lens are likely to be providing all the glass backs for the new iPhones next year."

Unfortunately, all of the above will only happen if Apple's manufacturers are able to find suppliers to fill the orders.