What's new

Apple's iPhone 8 Might Finally Include Wireless Charging [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone-6-concept-nowhereelse-and-martin-hajek.jpg

Take this intel with a Margarita's worth of salt, but apparently the iPhone 8 might finally include wireless charging next year. Here's a quote with more of the details,

Allen Horng, chairman and chief executive of Catcher Technology, a key mobile supplier, recently told reporters,"As far as I know, only one [iPhone] model will adopt glass casing next year. I don't think this move will have an impact on Catcher's revenue as glass casing still needs a durable metal frame which requires advanced processing technology and would not be cheaper than the current model."

For some reason, the rumor-mill suggests that Apple is switching to a metal and glass back for the iPhone 8 so that they can include wireless charging. We aren't sure why the industry is jumping to this conclusion, but the logic holds true. If Apple did want to include wireless charging, it makes more sense to switch back to metal and glass for technical reasons related to the limitations of wireless charging tech.

Regardless, this is further suggestion that the iPhone 8 will move back to a more premium material design for its case. What do you think? Is wireless charging something you would like to see on the iPhone 8? Are you happy or unhappy that Apple might be going back to metal and glass?

Source: DroidForums

Haven't decided what 7 will have yet now 8 what about 9 j plus ?

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.