What's new

Apple Watch

I’ve found that using dictation for a message from the Apple Watch works quite well and is much faster than using the scribble feature to write out the reply.

If I have to reply, I just pull out my phone. I haven't tried, but I don't think dictation would work here at work. It's pretty loud in here (water jet machine).

I've used mine with Google Maps a few days ago. The iPhone was telling me the directions, and my AW poked me (and also showed where to go next), just to let me know I have to change direction. :)

I use mine for that all the time haha. Well, I never intended to, it just does it whenever I use Google maps. Pretty neat feature.

Oh, it's great for that. And screening calls. Walking into a store, last weekend, wrist buzzed. Looked. "Unknown," the watch read. "Dismiss." Done :)

I use if for that all the time too. It's great for that since most calls I get lately are SPAM. I use it for my morning alarm clock too. I charge watch when I get home, so I'm wearing it while I sleep. I just tap my watch to turn alarm off.

After I updated my Apple Watch to watchOS 4 Beta 1, i noticed that the Toy Story watch faces were not there. Maybe they're only available in the United States? Is there anyone else that doesn't have these new Toy Story watch faces?

The dock as we knew it in watchOS 3 is gone; in watchOS 4 it's replaced by a vertically scrolling view of your most recently used apps. The dock no longer has permanently installed apps in a selected order.
Here’s a screenshot of the new dock.
IMG_3794.PNG

Last edited:
Here’s the new kaleidoscope Watch face. It’s using a photo of the vaulted ceiling of the nave of Southwark Cathedral.
As you can see, the image changes over time due to the kaleidoscope effect.
IMG_3798.PNG
IMG_3797.PNG

You can also change the view manually by turning the Digital Crown.

Last edited:
After I updated my Apple Watch to watchOS 4 Beta 1, i noticed that the Toy Story watch faces were not there. Maybe they're only available in the United States? Is there anyone else that doesn't have these new Toy Story watch faces?

I never had any Toy Story watch faces. I have Mickey/Minni Mouse, but no Toy Story.

watchOS 4 has added a flashlight feature in the Control Centre. Tapping the flashlight button will give you a white screen at maximum brightness, good enough to find your way in the dark.

BTW, the Toy Story Watch faces are not in watchOS 4 Beta 1.
IMG_3868.PNG

IMG_3869.PNG

watchOS 4 has added a flashlight feature in the Control Centre. Tapping the flashlight button will give you a white screen at maximum brightness, good enough to find your way in the dark.

BTW, the Toy Story Watch faces are not in watchOS 4 Beta 1.
View attachment 33638
View attachment 33637

A friend was in a business meeting in a high rise in frisco when they lost power. He used his phone like that to help people get to the stairwell. Good story and a reminder to check the batteries in emergency lighting last more than a minute or so.

Great to see this as an actionable item!!

Up until now, the only way to display the apps on your Apple Watch was through a screen like this.
img_3871-png.2233

With watchOS 4 we now have a second choice. Force touching on the screen will now bring up two buttons. Grid view is what the standard display has been. List view is the new choice offered in watchOS 4. It brings up a scrollable list of every app on your Apple Watch. Just tap an app in the list to open it.
IMG_3872.PNG
IMG_3873.PNG

Apple WatchOS 4 is definitely taking the Apple Watch to another level. I LUV the new features that I'm seeing but unfortunately iOS 11 (Beta 1) didn't play well with my iPhone 7 Plus. I will probably reinstall iOS 11 around Beta 3/4 so I can update the watchOS beta as well.