Apple Watch screen customization not working correctly

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Talk' started by 933, Oct 28, 2018.

1. 933

933 Well-Known Member

Hello All. I have the series 3 Apple Watch and after performing the update to iOS 5, I am unable to force touch screen to customize my screen. I am now forced to open my Watch app on my phone and perform customization to screens. Anyone else having this issue?? And yes I am very careful with my watch and always keep it protected either with a Spigen tough armor case or I also have a rhino runner band. Thx for any and all responses.

2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Does Force Touch still work for other things?

3. 933

933 Well-Known Member

Yes it does. Can press on screen for other things but it will not go into customization. Weird I suppose. And with no insurance like a phone it kinda sucks!!

4. scifan57

The latest release of watchOS is watchOS 5.0.1, released on September 27th. Is that what you have on your watch? Do you use a screen protector? If so, remove it and any case or bumper and try using Force Touch then.

• Like Like x 2
  5. 933

933 Well-Known Member

Yes sir I have the latest update, being 5.01. I will have to try without use of screen protectors when I get the new batch I ordered. Hopefully this will resolve the issue! Thx for all the help and have a great day.

6. scifan57

There is also the chance of the problem being a bug in watchOS or a fault in your Apple Watch. If you live close enough to an Apple Store you could make a genius bar appointment to have the watch checked out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. 933

933 Well-Known Member

Yeah I’ll have to travel over an hour to the greater Orlando, FL area I believe as we don’t have an Apple store in our mall in Daytona Beach. Like I said, the screen works well for all other complications, just not for customization. I am hoping it’s a bug in watch OS. Fingers crossed. Or maybe it’s a sign to upgrade to the series 4 44mm LOL!! I can dream at least!! Thx again for all the help and responses. Have a great day.

• Like Like x 2
  8. scifan57

Here's something you could try. Unpair then re-pair your Apple Watch, setting it up from the backup that was made when the watch was unpaired.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 933

933 Well-Known Member

Will do!! Again I thank you for all the help. Will update when I perform.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 933

933 Well-Known Member

Ok I’ve now tried unpairing and repairing my Apple Watch without any success at resolving the force touch issue to get to screen customization. All else works on watch without issue. I am running latest version of watch OS, which I believe is 5.01. Next is to try to get to an Apple store which may take me a while as it’s a trip to go there. At any rate I want to thank SciFan for all the help. And to all have a great evening

• Like Like x 3
  11. scifan57

You’re welcome. I hope the Apple Store can do something. watchOS 5.1 was released today. Trying the update would be your last chance to do something to correct the problem before a visit to the Apple Store.

• Like Like x 3
  12. 933

933 Well-Known Member

Thx much, I am working on updates now. Fingers crossed it’s the issue! If not I’ll be sending watch in for warranty most likely as it’s not a year old yet. Hopefully the update will resolve my issue. Have a great day and will update my progress and hopefully a resolved issue!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. 933

933 Well-Known Member

I may try to unpair my watch again and restore it to an older version of watch OS from backup. Will update with results. Fingers crossed!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. scifan57

You can’t diwngrade the version of watchOS on any Apple Watch as there is no equivalent of recovery mode. Only Apple can downgrade an Apple Watch to a previous but still signed version of watchOS.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 933

933 Well-Known Member

When I unpaired my watch and went to pair it up again it showed an older version of iOS from previous backup that I could have used. iOS 4.2 something. I chose the newer iOS version. Looking back I should have tried to at least see if it would have let me pair watch with the older iOS.