What's new

Apple Watch 'Reserve Strap' Accessory Promises 30 Hours of Additional Battery

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
reserve-strap.png
One of the biggest flaws with the Apple Watch has got to be the battery life. While personally I don't really have a problem charging my Watch every night, there are nights where I might sleep at a friends house and don't have my charger. Luckily, we've seen a few upcoming Apple Watch accessories, which should improve battery life, and the Reserve Strap is one that looks promising.

The Reserve Strap is an Apple Watch band which promises up to 30 hours, or 167% additional power, for our new favorite wristwatch. What's special about the Reserve Strap is that it makes use of the Apple Watch hidden port, which had no mention from our favorite fruit company. But supposedly the hidden port allows for faster charging, without the need to cover up the sensors on the back of the Watch.

The Reserve Strap is currently taking pre-orders with an estimated shipping timeframe in November. The Apple Watch accessory comes in white, grey, and black respectively, and will be available for both 38mm and 42mm.

The only problem is that you'll possibly void your warranty by removing the cover from the hidden port. Apple guidelines specifically don't allow any approved straps to have any battery recharging capability.
It could also compromise the water resistance of the watch.

Last edited: