What's new

Apple tv 3 and iphone 4

Colinzor

Reaction score
Hi guys. new here just jail broke my iphone 4 last night. decided i could get alot more use out of the phone after alot of research on jailbreaking. just would like a few things answered about a couple of problems im having at the minute.

I bought apple tv yesterday it was apple tv 3. I soon realised on my iphone 4 i could not mirror it to the apple tv that only works on the iphone 4s, is there an app for the jail broken iphone 4 that will allow me to mirror onto my apple tv 3? id like to play games on the big screen hopefully watch a couple of movies which is the whole reason i bought it so i didnt have to use netflix or buy them off the store which im not prepared to do.

also another little problem im having is i just got the siri port called spite, for my iphone 4 and it seems to not work very well and when it does work its really slow at responding?

anyways thanks alot hope you guys can help :) hope to be on these forums alot more.

edit: also sorry i forgot to ask is there a jailbreak available for the apple tv 3 to watch movies and such on project tv or one coming soon or any alternatives? thanks :)

First off welcome to iPhone Forums.

As for mirroring, you can't exactly mirror on an ATV without an Airport, and not all applications can be mirrored. The iPad has more versatility with respect to mirroring and Airplay. There might be a tweak that allows you to do it in Cydia, but I'm not aware of any right off the bat since I use my iPad and PC to Airplay onto my ATV.

My recommendation (no offense) is to remove Spite IMMEDIATELY with very cautious steps. Siriports are not meant for the iPhone 4, and many users that attempted to remove them through Cydia or restoring it without taking the proper steps in removing them ended up bricking their devices. If Apple didn't incorporate Siri on the 4, there's a reason, don't force it on there. Siriports use a different source for their search and response, so it's slow since it's not a dedicated server to retrieves and responds with information like Siri and Google.

Thanks for the reply. i removed the siri port shortly after making my first post as my phone kept going into safe mode.

i cant seem to find any air play tweaks so unfortunately i think ill have to wait for a jailbreak so i can watch project tv on the apple tv 3. unfortunately i didnt do enough research when buying the apple tv 3 as the airplay for my iphone to watch online movies and tv shows was the main reason i bought it. perhaps ill have to go ahead with netflix until a jailbreak is released, i cant really find much else use for it tbh.

Which iOS is your iPhone 4 on? I believe there was increased support of Airplay in iOS 6 IIRC since there was a bit of complaining going around

Currently running the latest ios 6.

i tryed that airparrot but it was useless the quality was horrible from windows pc to apple tv.

i am currently stuck watching old movies or whatever i can find on youtube its just not the same would be great if i could watch a movie or play a game from my iphone on the big screen :)

thanks for the help so far.

does this forum have an iphone app ?

Yes there is an iPhoneForum.net app. Tapatalk also has this forum in its repository