What's new

Apple to launch new, cheaper, A6 based iPad?

lceberg

Reaction score
According to Taiwanese Apple dedicated blog DigiTimes, Apple wants to release at least two new iPad models. The cheaper version could become available at a tempting price of only $299. According to this rumor, both new tablet models by Apple should run on new A6 processors with the only major difference between those two models being in their display resolution.
It seems that someone inside Apple’s hardware manufacturing partners has leaked this story on two iPad models. One of this models should cater the high end market, while the second $299 priced device should lure the lower end segment of the global market. The better device should have screen resolution in the 2048×1536 range while the other one could use the same resolution as what is now available with iPad 2, meaning 1024×768.
But is it realistic to expect such a good offer, for essentially a top notch device? In our opinion, sounds too good to be true. What do you think? What is Apple planing for year 2012? Let us know your tablet predictions, in the comments bellow.
track.php

Very unlikely.

Apple is dominating the market with the iPad at the current price point. There is no reason for them to release a cheaper model.

They are selling 170,000 units every day 7 days a week...

Reminds me of the rumor about a cheap iPhone 4S and the more expensive iPhone 5 last year....

It would be a nice deal for customers, but I doubt that apple will do that.
I love their products, but we can't deny that they never offered them for cheap.

Could be a promotional price but again that is doubtful.

Sent from my 64gb iPad

Could be a promotional price but again that is doubtful.

Sent from my 64gb iPad

You offer a promotional price to get people to look at your product. It's clearly not needed for a new iPad. People who think a price drop is coming are simply dreaming.

thewitt said:
You offer a promotional price to get people to look at your product. It's clearly not needed for a new iPad. People who think a price drop is coming are simply dreaming.

I agree to the above.

Sent from my 64gb iPad