What's new

Apple taking negative backlash over iPhone 4 launch

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iphone4_orders_slow.jpg

As any large company you have to take an overwhelming launch of your product as a good sign... but the line is very fine between a successful (albeit, busy) launch and a launch that annoys and alienates users due to underwhelming support.

Apple seems to be treading that fine line right now. Many users are unable to order online due to the site being slow or down entirely.

We've posted an article about being able to order one at a local Apple store and reserving your iPhone 4 that way, but what if you don't live near an Apple store, are you out of luck?

That seems to be the question that many would-be iPhone customers are asking themselves.

Yahoo has a great article up about it here as well: Apple, AT&T websites buckle as iPhone 4 pre-orders begin - Yahoo! News

I guess tales of the iPhones demise are greatly exaggerated. (I'm looking at you, Android....).

well when you have so many hundreds of thousands of orders of course the site will slow down what do they expect? i was going tio on the website but ended up doing it over the phone after i rang to see if the phones i could get them sim free and she said i can place order for you so i did order two of them 32 gb

so how much will it cost to buy the 32GB sim-free, with no contract/plan?

in the uk its 499 and 599 pounds and about 300 cheaper if you get a contract. imo better sim free and its wortht he extra cash.

If you have to ask, you cant afford it.....
On my AT&T receipt it says $ 400.00 discount

so around the same but with contracts you pay the same if not more you just paying it off monthly instead of all in one go not to mention telephone bills and any extra..

i had to ask and i bought 2 ...:S

uk,us,greece, i think us too not sure where else but it seems this year the iphone 4 is available more world wide