What's new

Apple Step Up Your Game

l.andrews

Reaction score
I'm totally disappointed with Apple. I was expecting a slightly larger screen and more features. If they are going to keep up with the completion, they really need to STEP UP THEIR GAME!!!! I've been an Apple user since the 3GS and have been satisfied thus far. But, will not consider upgrading until Apple steps it up, which will probably be next year sometime. I loved my iPhone 5 much much better with jailbroken features.

Yup, iPhone 5s is just an improvement over the current iPhone 5. We'll see something major out of Apple next year with the iPhone 6 or whatever they decide to call the next gen iPhone. I'm fine with Apple releasing a major revision of the iPhone every two years. Easier on the wallet that way.. :)

You're right....I guess u call it wishful thinking ��

It's just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions, but I think it's time Apple produce the larger screen. The market moved that way some time ago and I think they should.
I have been using cell phones since 1990, yes I am old :) and I remember when we started going from bricks to the incredible shrinking Nokias and LGs. It happened very quickly. Every manufacturer went that way except Motorola, took them some time................ I think larger phones are what people want now. Market share tells the story.

It's just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions, but I think it's time Apple produce the larger screen. The market moved that way some time ago and I think they should.
I have been using cell phones since 1990, yes I am old :) and I remember when we started going from bricks to the incredible shrinking Nokias and LGs. It happened very quickly. Every manufacturer went that way except Motorola, took them some time................ I think larger phones are what people want now. Market share tells the story.
It's what i want thats for sure, bigger screen and more customisation, Apple is giving a us a slight nod towards customisation with moving wallpapers in IOS 7, I hope they give us more of that.

hopefully when apple do offer more customisation it will be with stability as well, im still hoping apple adds browser changer to a stock ipsw, i only want sw changes, anything else to me is just gravy

I am assuming as you all are that a bigger screen may come with the Iphone 6.

That is the biggest reason that I am buying a 5S. I do NOT want a bigger screen. Hopefully if they do go to it next year they will keep the smaller size as well. My son has a galaxy S4 and I have customized many and I just don't like how big it is.

I am assuming as you all are that a bigger screen may come with the Iphone 6.

That is the biggest reason that I am buying a 5S. I do NOT want a bigger screen. Hopefully if they do go to it next year they will keep the smaller size as well. My son has a galaxy S4 and I have customized many and I just don't like how big it is.

I don't want a huge screen either, my iPhone 5 is perfect in my opinion.

The iPhone 5S is more than just a "Better iPhone 5" and by a long shot. This is, in fact, the first time Apple has ever released a "Secondary" iPhone that warranted a full version jump marketing wise. IE iPhone 6 is the more proper name for the amount of change inside the iPhone 5S.

Lets look at the why.

The A7 SoC is the first full 64 bit CPU in the history of cell phones. It is the only dual core CPU that can currently beat every quad core based Android phone on the market. Let that sink in for a bit......

FIRST to 64 bits....

Little more.....

FASTER than all quad core Android cell phones currently made....

Ok. That's enough sinking in. :D

This also means the iOS will be the first mobile OS to have truly NATIVE 64 bits apps. Both from Apple and 3rd party developers. Anyone coming from the iPhone 4S or older is going to be in for a big shock when they upgrade to the iPhone 5S. It is going to be that big of a jump in speed and fluidity. iPhone 5 users will also notice a difference. Especially in native app performance. Third party apps will need time to recompile under the new XCode and deploy to see big jumps there.

iOS 7 and the new security instruction sets on the A7 will make encryption and secure purchases an after thought. Something that is there working at full speed all the time and the user doesn't have to do or wait for anything.

The fingerprint scanner should make locking and unlocking an iPhone second nature instead of an inconvenience.

The new stabilization software, thanks to the power of the A7, for the camera should make low light pictures look much better than any previous iPhone or even Android phones. Well save for the HTC One once it gets it software patch.

Folks, the iPhone 5S is a game changer. The ground work laid with this iPhone will allow for huge advancements in design and coding for all future iOS devices. It's a shame it will take about a year, in my opinion, before the industry and users realize just how ground breaking this new iPhone is.

And anyone buying the iPhone 5C is really missing out. They should have spent the extra $100 and got the 5S.

This has been apple's history so I don't think they will change untill next year or whenever iphone 6 comes out but i still think that you made a real valid point I think that iOS 7 could have been better I really don't like the colors and theme

This has been apple's history so I don't think they will change untill next year or whenever iphone 6 comes out but i still think that you made a real valid point I think that iOS 7 could have been better I really don't like the colors and theme
So true....the colors and themes are just plain "blah". This why the jailbreak community is so large.