What's new

Apple Said to be Readying iPhone 5S for June/July

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
8252-iphone-5-first-picture.jpg

AppleInsider reports today that Apple is to start preliminary builds of the iPhone 5S in March, prior to a launch in June or July, according to Jefferies analyst Peter Misek. Adding fuel to the fire of the rumour about Apple releasing a low-cost iPhone, Misek told investors today that Apple is right now in the process of testing two iPhone prototypes, one of which is thought to be what many are calling iPhone 5S, with the other possibly being the cheap iPhone. As AppleInsider notes, this is not the first time that Misek has predicted that Apple will release an upgrade to the iPhone 5 in the summer of 2013, and he is also currently stating that the iPhone 6, which would presumably not arrive until 2014, would have a bigger, 4.8-inch screen. Misek adds that although he expects iPhone 5 demand to slow somewhat as people get wind of an iPhone 5S on the horizon, he still thinks that Apple will sell 44 million iPhones in the current quarter, way above other less-optimistic predictions of 30 million or so.

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]Apple to begin preliminary 'iPhone 5S' builds in March for June/July launch - report

instakidz said:
I think Apple is getting ridiculous.

Yep!!

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF.net

anjali189 said:
Great but My iphone 4 is fine. Don't need Siri and an extra row of apps.

It's not about siri or extra apps, it's about less lag faster thus better performance and reliability etc i can go on and on. While you are correct you don't NEED those things its nice to have them the simplicity is nice to have

It's not about siri or extra apps, it's about less lag faster thus better performance and reliability etc i can go on and on. While you are correct you don't NEED those things its nice to have them the simplicity is nice to have

True but I can't wait for the 6 now since its going to be wayyy better my 4s is so solid that can wait another year

All up in ya using Tapatalk 2

That sounds like really amazing ..!! I had Iphone 4S and i think the S Mobiles of Apple are always lot better so it's worth the wait i hope it really is as good as i think of it :)

Ok, the news just announced that YES, three iPhones will be out VERY soon. One with a 12 megapixel camera, one with a bigger screen and a cheaper one. Hmmmmm, I just got this 5 the day it came out. Apple really must be more considerate :-(

anjali189 said:
Great but My iphone 4 is fine. Don't need Siri and an extra row of apps.

I am keeping my iPhone 4 as well. I have Siri on my new iPad and iPod touch 5th gen that I have not even used yet. I have iPhone 5 with the new pod lol. .Not ready to give up the unlimited 3G data yet; however, if I change plans I wonder if I will still need the tethering account for 20.00. Hmmmmm....

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF.net

You don't have to give up unlimited. Lol I'd rather pay retail than give up unlimited. Is 4g all it's cracked up to be really the only reason I want the ip5.

I will say one thing. Never accept what you read as they are all rumours. Little unknown editors whom are trying to impress the boss dig up every thing they can and Apple is the target as they know every one wants to know regardless if it is true or not.

I read maybe 20 different news blogs a day on line and so many copy cat it is not funny, Appleinsider does do a great job but even they get it wrong. Some are accurate but at the end of the day only Apple knows the answer. Apple will deliver what they believe is right for the market and at the same time do it in a timely manor.

For the record my background with Apple started in 1978 and after all this time both as an Apple VAR, developer, and heavy user I really understand how they function.

Working out what Apple will deliver is like trying to work on a jigsaw puzzle with many pieces missing. A prime example was when they released the iPad 4th generation... No one saw it coming why because the pieces to the puzzle were not there.

My advice..... Be patient... Apple will deliver. They always have and they will continue to do so. The only question is when.
By the way the new models will have been under development for at least 3 years and that is conservative.

Cheers from Australia,

Colin Administrator ipadforums, iphoneforums and Appleforums.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well I'm not due for a upgrade untill oct but it really doesn't matter since I plan on purchasing retail to keep my unlimited data. Unless they release a iPhone with a screen bigger than the current ip5 this year the regular ip5 is good for me not to mention the jailbreak is about to release. Ip5 jailbroken and lte would have me satisfied for a while.

Well I'm not due for a upgrade untill oct but it really doesn't matter since I plan on purchasing retail to keep my unlimited data. Unless they release a iPhone with a screen bigger than the current ip5 this year the regular ip5 is good for me not to mention the jailbreak is about to release. Ip5 jailbroken and lte would have me satisfied for a while.

They mention that its going to be bigger but I've always got the S model of iPhones