What's new

Apple Releases iOS 10.2 For iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
iOS-10.2-Messages-Celebration-screen-effect-iPhone-screenshot-002-1024x684.png
After nearly two months of beta testing, Apple has finally released the final build of iOS 10.2 to the masses. The latest build of Apple's mobile operating system is now available via Over-The-Air and iTunes update for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.

The new firmware comes packed with three new wallpapers, options to preserve camera settings, the new TV app, the Emergency SOS feature, two new screen effects for messages, new music sorting options, and more.

Some might argue that the most important addition to iOS 10.2 are the 100+ new emoji available. Mobile users can now choose from the likes of; clown face, selfie, face palm, fox face, own, shark, butterfly, avocado, and many more.

The easiest way to download the update is via Over-The-Air by going to Settings > General > Software Update. Check out the reply for a full changelog from Apple.

Full release notes:

TV
  • Use Up Next to see the movies and shows you’re currently watching and pick up where you left off
  • Get recommendations for new movies and TV shows in Watch Now
  • Discover new apps and the latest iTunes releases in the Store
  • Access the Library for your iTunes purchases and rentals
Emoji
  • Beautifully redesigned emoji that reveal even more detail
  • Over 100 new emoji including new faces, food, animals, sports, and professions
Photos
  • Improves stabilization and delivers faster frame rate for Live Photos
  • Improves accuracy of groupings of similar photos of the same person in the People album
  • Fixes an issue where Memories might generate a memory from photos of screenshots, whiteboards or receipts
  • Fixes an issue where the camera would stay zoomed in after switching back from the Camera Roll on iPhone 7 Plus
  • Additional support for RAW digital cameras
  • Adds new love and celebration full screen effects in Messages
  • Fixes an issue that sometimes prevented the keyboard from displaying in Messages
Music
  • Swipe up the Now Playing screen to more easily access Shuffle, Repeat and Up Next
  • Choose how to sort Playlists, Albums, and Songs in Library
News
  • Stories you’ve saved for later now appear the new Saved section
  • The best paid stories from channels you subscribe to will now appear in a dedicated section in For You
  • It’s now easier than ever to get to the next story, just swipe left or tap Next Story while reading
Mail
  • Fixes an issue that caused the Move sheet to persist after filing a Mail message
  • Addresses an issue with long press activating copy and paste in Mail
  • Fixes an issue in which the wrong message would be selected after deleting a Mail conversation
Accessibility
  • Adds BraillePen14 support to VoiceOver
  • Fixes an issue where the braille table could switch unexpectedly with VoiceOver
  • Fixes an issue where sometimes Siri enhanced voices were unavailable to VoiceOver
  • Fixes an issue where VoiceOver users could not re-order items in lists
  • Fixes an issue where Switch Control was sometimes unable to delete Voicemails
Other improvements and fixes
  • Adds notification support for HomeKit accessories including window coverings, occupancy, motion, door/window, smoke, carbon monoxide, and water leak sensors
  • Adds notification support for HomeKit accessories when software updates are available to HomeKit accessories
  • Improves Bluetooth performance and connectivity with 3rd party accessories
  • Fixes an issue that could cause FaceTime participants to appear out of focus
  • Fixes an issue that could cause FaceTime calls to appear with incorrect aspect ratio and orientation
  • Fixes an issue that prevented some Visual Voicemail from completing playback
  • Fixes a Safari Reader issue that could cause articles to open as empty pages
  • Fixes an issue that could cause Safari to quit unexpectedly after marking an item as read in Reading List

According to benchmark test it has drastically slowed down the phone. But I haven't noticed it as far as normal use

Did send a txt to the wife with love and she don't get the heart on her screen just (sent with love) with the txt

I understand that but it that heart a theme? Or is it in option in settings? I have looked but how do I get it to float? I have not seen it yet.

My wife would love that

Last edited:
Write your message, then tap and hold the Send button:
IMG_6949.JPG

Select "Screen":
IMG_6950.JPG

Slide to the left to select the desired effect:
IMG_6951.JPG

Then tap the Send button to send your message:
IMG_6952.JPG

Even tried hard reset on both phones. Mine is a 7 plus Hera is a 6 plus

Didn't do anything different but I did update my iPad Air and now it works... o_O