What's new

Apple Moves to Ensure iPhone Cases Protect Against 1 Meter Drops

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
1162-1418591973-cc5b491a3467c0ed3bf05e600ab8bfad.jpg

Phone Arena reports that Apple has updated its MFi licensing program, giving new guidelines for accessory makers who wish to use the “Made for iPhone” logo on their cases.

This means that, under the new guidelines, the cases featuring the logo must be able to completely protect the iPhone from drops of 3.2 feet (1 meter), whatever the device’s orientation.

As part of the new requirements, Apple now specifically stipulates that case makers ensure that the phone’s display is also protected from drops on the ground if the case is to be officially certified by Apple.

To this end, Apple gives case makers the choice of either having at least 1mm of the case sticking out above the display, or having the display totally covered by a built-in screen protector.

So, the next time you choose a case for your phone with the “Made for iPhone” logo, rest assured that, thanks to Apple, your phone will be protected better than ever before.

Source: Phone Arena

I'd be scared to drop my iPhone with the official leather apple case, guess it's a good thing though.

Still waiting on you lifeproof Nuud!

I'd be scared to drop my iPhone with the official leather apple case, guess it's a good thing though.

Still waiting on you lifeproof Nuud!

There is no such innovation in the Apple cases. Hope i found some good cases for iphone 6.

Last edited by a moderator: