What's new

Apple Maps to Undergo Complete Redesign “From the Ground Up”

Give up and license google maps.
That's what Apple did before Apple Maps. Apple would rather have it's own mapping solution than pay another company. Apple Maps have come a long way since starting up and will continue to get better. Google maps went through the same stages when it first started as well so it isn't fair to compare a mature Google maps to a still developing Apple Maps.

That's what Apple did before Apple Maps. Apple would rather have it's own mapping solution than pay another company. Apple Maps have come a long way since starting up and will continue to get better. Google maps went through the same stages when it first started as well so it isn't fair to compare a mature Google maps to a still developing Apple Maps.

Plus I am more comfortable with Apple having access to personal data than Google. I removed Google Maps, Google Earth, Waze etc. and now have YouTube as my only Alphabet app.

Apple is using a Subaru XV to Create Apple Maps in Brisbane, Australia

I was driving into Brisbane City (Australia) today when a White Subaru with a tall post on the roof came in from the left-hand side on the western freeway. This is Apple's new Mapping vehicles for updating Apple Maps I have posted a short video taken from my Dod Dash Cam. On the top of the post, there is a high-speed spinning camera below that are several cameras pointing a full 360
I realize the white car is in front of the black vehicle but at the start, you can clearly see the camera pod. The article below explains more.

Apple begins using smaller Subaru cars to capture Apple Maps data
https://goo.gl/q1H6Q8

Still image taken from Dod cam

Colin Filshie
Administrator Australia

Attachments

• subaru.jpg
    subaru.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 731