What's new

Apple Maps and navigation

acachebox

Reaction score
I have found what i believe to be a problem that occurred on or about the release of 10.2.1.

I use my I Phone for Geocaching. The principle use of the I Phone during Geocaching is to set an azimuth towards the hidden cache and follow that azimuth to the hidden object.
Historical older versions of IOS provided this option and worked very well. The newer versions have a glitch in that once an azimuth has been set and I am walking towards the cache if I touch the screen the azimuth is dropped and the map remains fixed on the screen. To return to the azimuth feature I have to re-select it every time the screen has been touched.

I had originally thought that this was a problem within the geocaching app but now know it is within the Apple software as the same thing happens in Apple Maps.

This may seem like it is just a nuisance and it may be while in an area with roads or other denotation on the map but if in the wood or any area without reference features showing on the map it could be down right dangerous leading one off in another direction.

I have contacted Apple Customer Care several times but to date have not found anyone familiar enough with a compass to understand the significance of the problem.