What's new

Apple makes me wonder reg. development requirements

perbuch

Reaction score
As a new member here my first post is reg. Apple's requirements to new iOS developers. Apple has started making their architecture more open - f.ex. you can now develop using Adobe Flash and related tools.
Then it is strange that I am forced to get Apple equipment for my developmemt. When will they open for use of Windows?

welcome to the forum!

i dont think they will ever open developing of mac ios or mac apps/games to windows, its more incentive to buy a mac.. if thats what you meant, the ability to develop on windows

Tja, jeg tegner med, at udvikler man en Flash-applikation, og det har jeg et rimeligt greb om, så kan jeg fortsat gøre det på en Windows-platform, mens de sidste trin med test og publicering så skal ske via en Mac. Der er i hvert ingen, der kan se forskel på en Flash-applikation hvilken platform, man har anvendt.
Jeg håber, at jeg blot behøver at investere i en mindre og billig Mac.
Har jeg forstået det rigtigt, eller er jeg helt på gale veje?

Sorry - my latest post was in Danish. I will translate it later.

Well, I trust that if you develop a Flash application - and I have a reasonable grip on that - then I can still do it on a Windows platform, while the last stage like testing and publishing must be done via a Mac.

There is certainly no one who can tell the difference on which platform you have used to develop a Flash application. I hope I only need to invest in a small and inexpensive Mac.

Have I understood it correctly, or am I completely on the wrong track?

Just purchase a Mac mini you can run both windows 7 and Mac is on same computer for a reasonable price

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Welll, I changed my mind and invested in a MacBook Air 13" with 4 GB RAM. I am excited going into the depth of this for me new world.

I also wouldn't hope for the compatility with windows... the previous companies policy didn't suported it, so I guess they won't change it...