What's new

Apple is reportedly testing the 5-inch iPhone Maxi

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
$28902496.jpg

The iPhone 5 has been released only a few short months ago, but the tech community can’t still get enough of it. Nevertheless, Cupertino seems to be moving on and according to some recent information, has started preparations to release other pieces of technology.

CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets stated in a research note released this week that the tech giant is more likely to launch a larger version of the iPhone than a cheaper model, in order to maintain its top-notch brand image. More than that, the firm believes that Cupertino is actively testing four new models of its iconic smartphone. First off, we have a revamped version of the iPhone 5 dubbed the iPhone 5S and a iPhone 5 version that features a wider screen nicknamed “iPhone Maxi” (the screen is supposedly sized between 4.8 and 5 inches). The other two versions are apparently two iPhone Mini lower end models.

Even if publications such as the Wall Street Journal deem the release of a iPhone Mini more possible, CLSA maintains that the Maxi version is probably what the tech giant is going to launch after all. Head of technology research at CLSA, Nicolas Baratte, explained the position taken up by the firm:

“(In contrast) giving consumers choices of a regular iPhone and of an iPhone Maxi sized about 5 inches appears simpler and shouldn't lead to significantly lower margins.”

CLSA concluded that if Cupertino would include the iPhone Mini and the iPhone Maxi in its portfolio, the company could end up selling up to 286 million iPhones by 2014. The current estimate is somewhere around 202 million.

Source: FocusTaiwan

A larger iPhone would be the logical thing to do. Although they will have to scrap that advert saying the iPhone 5 is the perfect size lol.

I type on my iPhone 5 keyboard with one hand all the time. I find it too awkward to do it with both hands.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

I'll have given it a try buy two hands feel better to me IMHO.... But that's just me and I'm faster with two hands..... Rather thumbs... Lol

I'm typing with one hand right now with my 4s no problem

Tapatalking up in ya

All they have to do is make an iPhone about 4.5 or 4.7 inches keep the i5 and there it is everyone is happy most of us have tablets and don't desire phablets.

Coming from a nexus that had a 4.5 inch screen I do miss the bigger screen at times. But I find it harder to use one hand on the iphone5 then my old nexus. Mainly cause the back button on apple is usually in the upper left corner and I use my right hand. On a android you have a back button down at the bottom. If apple goes to a 5 inch they might want to re think the software to have back button in closer reach of one hand use.

I agree make it wider but same hight apple can keep up with the times and make a 4.5 inch screen

Tapatalking up in ya

New iphone? Just a little bit wider .... Just my wishes...

they shouldn't make it wider or larger, because otherwise you won't be able to reach the back button on the top bar:)

I'd love a wider screen. I also type double handed with my thumbs so size wouldn't affect my usage of it.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

Typing with just one hand is not important. Because thumb is very big and It's hard to type without errors. If the screen is wider the keyboard is wider also, so it's easy to type using both hands.