What's new

Apple is aware of battery life problem on 4s and iphone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekelani

Reaction score
There has been a discussion on the pulse news and apple knows of the battery problem so guys be expecting an update. So no need to return your iPhone 4s or iPhone 4.
Out!

Some of us aren't having any trouble other than the normal need to recharge a new battery 4-5 times before you get max potential. This subject is SO dead.

And software updates don't affect 'battery life'... Sheesh...

Actually it's not dead as engineers are contacting 4S owners with huge drains. Not using the phone at all should not result in a 10% + per hour drain. Times zone pinging and corrupt contacts could be the cause. If an app is constantly looking for location it could cause the drain, which, could be cured by an update.

NewdestinyX said:
Some of us aren't having any trouble other than the normal need to recharge a new battery 4-5 times before you get max potential. This subject is SO dead.

And software updates don't affect 'battery life'... Sheesh...

Software update DO AFFECT BATTERY POTENTIAL.. I have had many iPhone from the 1st one till the last one and apple has put up updates which did help battery life so I know what I am talking about man.

Apparently, It's a bug in the location services scanning too much.



This battery issue is getting so old. Please become aware of our forum rules and post in threads that you already started sekelani

There has been a discussion on the pulse news and apple knows of the battery problem so guys be expecting an update. So no need to return your iPhone 4s or iPhone 4.
Out!
thats good,thanks,I'm sure apple will sort out all issues with 4s eventually.

Last edited:
Poisonivy said:
thats good,thanks,I'm sure apple will sort out all issues with 4s eventually.

I found out with this apple called pulse news. Get it

My ios5 iP4 32gb was last charged Friday 8pm.

Been on both ipf forums, read and made posts and also a few calls, i rarely text or play a game in it.

Battery still shows 52% on Sunday 09:50

I have WiFi and bluetooth permanently on, but only selected programs allowed to use location services, and email retrieval is set to manual.

This iPhone imho has amongst the best battery life of all smartphones i have used.

crowd pleaser said:
My ios5 iP4 32gb was last charged Friday 8pm.

Been on both ipf forums, read and made posts and also a few calls, i rarely text or play a game in it.

Battery still shows 52% on Sunday 09:50

I have WiFi and bluetooth permanently on, but only selected programs allowed to use location services, and email retrieval is set to manual.

This iPhone imho has amongst the best battery life of all smartphones i have used.

I bet if you played games like I did you wouldn't be having those figures. Lol

sekelani said:
I bet if you played games like I did you wouldn't be having those figures. Lol

Explains why you have issues with your 4s. You don't know when to put the device down. You know I offer a self-help class that helps individuals such as yourself. Just ship your devices to me. Lol

Just in two days of having the 4S I have found the standby time is great. 10:30pm 64% 7:15am the next day 60%.

Status
Not open for further replies.