What's new

Apple is Allegedly Considering a Water Resistant Design for the iPhone 7

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
iphone 7 waterproof.jpg

Yesterday we shared with you some exciting test results that proved the new iPhones manage to resist while fully submerged under water.

Now we have a fresh report coming from Japanese website Macotakara which suggests Apple plans to make the iPhone 7 waterproof and it already has a few working prototypes.

If the next next version of the iPhone will indeed have a strengthened, waterproof frame, then this means Apple could quit using the metallic casing. Mac Otakara also received news from reliable sources stating that the upcoming iPhone would have a "completely flat" LCD screen.

Source: Macotakara

I hope they don't then, I love the metallic casing and would hate to see iPhone 7 with some kind of plastic casing.

The iPhone's metal case is inherently waterproof. Making every opening in the case water resistant would give you a water resistant iPhone without changing the traditional iPhone design too much.

Even if Apple did go with a plastic case, it would most likely use the same plastic that they used for the 5c. I have a blue 5c and let me tell you this is no flimsy plastic like that what's used on other phones. I read somewhere (don't remember where right off hand) that the plastic used is similar to that used in making windscreens for motorcycle fairings.

So I wouldn't worry about it as Apple tends to use high quality materials in their manufacturing process...

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

As the title states *water resistant*, not water proof. To me water resistant is being able to operate the phone in a poring rainstorm, not dunking it in the pool or bathtub.

When I see water proof design, I'll be first in line to get one.