What's new

Apple iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus Officially Revealed; Full Features and Specs

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone6s-6splus.png

Apple unveiled their latest iPhones: the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus. The new smartphones from the titan of tech are the next evolution in the series and will not fail to impress. Apple claims they are the most advanced iPhones ever, and the most advanced smartphones in the world.

Here's a breakdown of specs and features of Apple's next incredible product!
  • Brand new color - Rose Gold (joins Silver, Gold and Grey)
  • Strongest glass in the industry on display
  • 3D Touch - enhanced version of Multi-touch - includes Force Touch to enable new gestures - works on home screen and inside apps depending on how hard and/or how long you are pressing - deeply integrated into iOS - includes a huge number of new functions related how hard you push: Peek and Pop
  • 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch sizes
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 7000 Series aluminum material in the frame/casing
  • 64-bit A9 CPU/M9 motion coprocessor is now integrated and always on
  • Siri - "always on" function (as rumored)
  • 2nd generation Touch ID Sensor
  • All New 12MP iSight Camera - 50% more pictures with faster autofocus - improved picture quality - 4K Video (8 Million pixels) - TrueTone flash
  • LTE Advanced and faster WiFi
  • 5MP FaceTime HD with Retina Flash
  • Live Photos
  • 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB Models
The iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus will be the exact same price point as the previous generation.

Last edited:
You'll have to watch the replay. I'm watching it on my iPad and posting here on my iPhone.

The new iPhones have the new A9 chip. 70% faster at CPU tasks and 90% faster at graphics tasks.
You'll be able to get amazing graphics capability in the new games.

Pricing is the same as last year and the previous models will see some discounts - that is good to see again this year.

Oh I am in trouble. I wanted to wait a year. But I want 3D Touch.

Still haven't got the 32GB entry level I was hoping for :(

Interestingly enough, my 6+ is 64 GB. I never used more than 2/3 of the space on my 32 GB and now I am using about 2/3 of the 64 GB. Apparently, whatever size is the middle size, like Mamabear, i find it just right.

I do ok with 16GB but 32 would have been the sweet spot for me, I would never use 64GB's so it isn't worth the extra £80.

That was fast. I wNt to know more about the Apple purchase plan. It includes AppleCare + so that makes it more attractive sounding to me but I need to know more.