What's new

Apple id pasword

clliii

Reaction score
My iphone 4s keeps on asking for my apple id password. Phone updated to latest ios mobile... It was ok for a while after the update but the problems back. What can i do to correct this?

clliii said:
My iphone 4s keeps on asking for my apple id password. Phone updated to latest ios mobile... It was ok for a while after the update but the problems back. What can i do to correct this?

What is it that you do that makes it ask for Apple ID and password?

zig9449 said:
What is it that you do that makes it ask for Apple ID and password?

If he knew,the problem would have been solved,right?

zig9449 said:
No. That's not right.

I guess you right.We need more info.Does the apple id request suddenly pop up with the phone just lying there on its own,or while busy in the app store.

Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy…..iPF STAFF.

Hi. It pops up arbitrarily. When i open apps.mand sometimes when i turn on iphone from sleep/standby mode... Its so annoying since at times the app wont start unless i cancel or type my password when it pops up. Usually i cancel coz thats easier to do.. Sometimes though i type my password hoping it wont pop up again...thanks for ur time....

Hi. It pops up arbitrarily. When i open apps.mand sometimes when i turn on iphone from sleep/standby mode... Its so annoying since at times the app wont start unless i cancel or type my password when it pops up. Usually i cancel coz thats easier to do.. Sometimes though i type my password hoping it wont pop up again...thanks for ur time....
have you tried doing a hard reset?its a simple thing but often gets rid of little glitches...hold down your home button and sleep/wake button at the same time until the apple appears(ignore the slide to off)then let go and your phone will reboot,let us know if this fixes it.

Are you "always" signed out?

You can check by going to Settings> Store>

If there is a "Sign In" button that tap that and sign in.

And of coarse do as Pois0nIvy said and hard reboot as well.

Actually im always signed in. Ive tried signing out then signing in but that didnt work. I havent tried the hard reset though. Will give it a go and ill let u know in 48 hrs if it worked. Thanks!

zig9449 said:
Are you "always" signed out?

You can check by going to Settings> Store>

If there is a "Sign In" button that tap that and sign in.

And of coarse do as Pois0nIvy said and hard reboot as well.

Hi. Hard resetting of iphone didnt work. Tried it three times already...

clliii said:
Hi. Hard resetting of iphone didnt work. Tried it three times already...

How about:

Settings> General> Reset> Reset All Settings?

It won't delete anything. All data stays. You would just have to reconfigure your settings.

zig9449 said:
How about:

Settings> General> Reset> Reset All Settings?

It won't delete anything. All data stays. You would just have to reconfigure your settings.

Thanks. Ill try that.

Same thing happening to me. I have the 4s did the update to iOS 6. Whenever I go to play a game it pops up asking for my apple id password. I've put it in and it still comes up again when I go back in the games. I closed all apps and reopened- still happened. Going to try the hard reset. I too am also always signed in. Please let me know if there is anything else I can try. Thank you.