What's new

Apple Forensic Experts to Try to Extract Data From Missing Teen’s iPhone

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple to help unlock missing teen's phone.JPG
Following on from a story earlier in the week about how Apple had offered to help retrieve information from an iPhone belonging to one of two Florida teenagers who disappeared from their boat during a fishing trip, AppleInsider writes that the process is now underway.

According to a lawyer for the Stephanos family, the iPhone 6 that belongs to Austin Stephanos is to be sent to Apple so that its forensic experts can try to extract the data and hopefully find clues as to the disappearance at sea of Austin and his friend Perry Cohen.

The information was imparted by the Stephanos family’s lawyer during a court hearing that was held on Friday to decide on the best way to preserve the iPhone 6.

“That phone has been submerged in the sea,” said the attorney. “That phone has to be sent to Apple as soon as possible for preservation.”

Source: Apple will attempt data extraction on iPhone of teen lost at sea, report says

Could someone fill me here, l don't live in America.
So 2 kids go missing whilst fishing the boat is found and the iPhone is found.
Unless I have read it wrong why would anyone not want Apple to try and find out what might have happened, who had the dam iPhone and was forced to give it up 2 kids are missing sorry people.

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.