What's new

Apple Finally Sets the Date: iPhone 5 Launch Event Will Be On October 4

iDad said:
I was wondering about that 1 on the phone icon too skull. I'm gonna lock in with iPhone 5 as my answer. It makes more sense and if most of the rumors stay true I think it'll be too advanced to just be a better 4. iPhone 5 people! Cross your fingers til Tuesday!

I will go with the iPhone 5 as well. They are long over due for a new phone and with all the android competition out there it has to be something spectacular! I don't think Apple will disappoint! I don't rule out the possibility of two phones either. It would be a VERY smart move on Apple's part IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Last edited:
It's about time they set something up for the new device. I cant wait any longer.......

I really hope it means "1 message" regarding both iPhone 5 and 4S. If there were 3 there, it would have been obvious - 1 - iphone, 2- ipad 3, 3 - nano's/itouch.

I don't want to read into it anymore - just driving me crazy. Just glad to know we have 1 week left to see what this new iPhone looks like.

ET needs to iPhone Home.

I don't think there will be a new iPhone. Think about it- they've only just got round to releasing the White iPhone 4. Look how long it took them to sort that out. They wont stop production of that just yet, so it makes sense to tweak it and call it a 4S or something.
I cant see them just bringing out an all new model. If they do, i suspect the 4 will run alongside it, like the 3GS currently does.

noddy said:
I don't think there will be a new iPhone. Think about it- they've only just got round to releasing the White iPhone 4. Look how long it took them to sort that out. They wont stop production of that just yet, so it makes sense to tweak it and call it a 4S or something.
I cant see them just bringing out an all new model. If they do, i suspect the 4 will run alongside it, like the 3GS currently does.

I think they just may surprise you! 

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

ios beta 7 has been released for so long that I bet the next will be a GM.. 29 days today

Unleashed said:
ios beta 7 has been released for so long that I bet the next will be a GM.. 29 days today

Are you due for another version to test?

Unleashed said:

Are you due for another version to test?

there will be a GM version for sure yes... the GM is what is released right before the final version and we have had beta 7 for 29 days now... no way will there be another beta, it will be GM next I bet (Just a guess)

Apple should try to hold their devices a bit longer.

Apple should try to hold their devices a bit longer.

LOL. You do realize that they hold their devices longer than any other cell phone maker to date? Customers are demanding the short turn around times. Which is why in less than 3 years there are now over 170+ different Android phones from 34 manufactures. Apple has only produced 5 versions of the iPhone.

Skull One said:
LOL. You do realize that they hold their devices longer than any other cell phone maker to date? Customers are demanding the short turn around times. Which is why in less than 3 years there are now over 170+ different Android phones from 34 manufactures. Apple has only produced 5 versions of the iPhone.

+1...

freebirdforever said:
God I hope they pull a hat trick and reveal the 5....

I think they will announce the 4s & 5 making the distro dates the carriers' responsibility. I believe the main purpose of Oct 4 is to launch iOS 5. I synced two devices the past two days & usually they state that iTunes will check for a new update 2 weeks later. However, the last two syncs have consistently stated Oct 4.

Besides, it makes much more sense to mass test the new iOS on legacy devices rather than distributing it on new hardware causing possible returns/replacements at great cost to both apple & the carriers.