Apple Finally Sets the Date: iPhone 5 Launch Event Will Be On October 4

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_5_launch_invite.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After very strong indications from usually accurate sources last week and this week, Apple has finally made it all official by issuing an invitation to journalists for an event to be held on October 4, as predicted yesterday, at its Cupertino, California headquarters, starting at 10:00 am PT. And just in case anyone is in any doubt as to what this event might be about, The Loop actually has a picture of the invitation, which features four app icons, three of which represent the date, time and location, and the fourth of which shows the phone icon! And if you still haven’t got it after that rather big clue, and the months of feverish speculation, then underneath the icons we have just one teasing little sentence: “Let’s talk iPhone.” So there we have it! Interesting that it doesn’t say iPhone 5, just “iPhone”. That might not mean anything of course, simply that Apple doesn’t want to give anything else away until the big reveal on October 4.[/FONT]

Source: Apple announces iPhone 5 event for Oct. 4

That's great the apple event is 100% on the 4th, now lets see what they have to announce just 8 days and counting

Ok, lets play guess what each pictures means!

We all will agree on the Date.

We all will agree on the Time.

We all will agree on the Place.

But the 1 on the phone.....

I am locking in my answer now. One iPhone to be announced. iPhone 4s. I stated it back in May and I am going to stick with it.

This made it on to the news of my local radio station today.

I don't think there will be two phones. If its a 4GS then I think we will see an iPhone 5 some time next year (about the same time the 4 was released on verzion). If its the iPhone 5 then I can't see there being a 4GS...

I was wondering about that 1 on the phone icon too skull. I'm gonna lock in with iPhone 5 as my answer. It makes more sense and if most of the rumors stay true I think it'll be too advanced to just be a better 4. iPhone 5 people! Cross your fingers til Tuesday!

I am locking in my answer now. One iPhone to be announced. iPhone 4s. I stated it back in May and I am going to stick with it.

Well what ever apple decide to call it I hope it will be worth upgrading to.

Unleashed said:

I agree. I'm already thinking about switching carriers. I hope it's worth it.

Unleashed said:

I agree. I'm already thinking about switching carriers. I hope it's worth it.

from what carrier to what one are you thinking of making the switch to?

also if the white version is not delayed this time i might even get that and for sure a 64GB model if they have it

I'm also thinking maybe, the phone icon with the number 1, could mean one message. One important subject regarding two iphones. Obviously, when I first saw the invite, I read into it being only one phone - the 4S most probable. But that icon references to messages. Anyway, I see it both ways. I can't wait. It better look cool.

Oh ya! Good thinking ET. My current phone sucks so bad! Ready to upgrade and really want an iPhone (5) I hope!!