What's new

Apple Finally Jumps into the Music Streaming Race, Unveils Apple Music at WWDC

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
Screen-Shot-2015-06-09-at-12.18.28-am.png

After so many rumors, leaks and hearsay, Apple's revamped music streaming service is finally
here, being called Apple Music. Touted as a revolutionary streaming music service, Apple Music will be available starting on June 30 in over 100 countries. Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Internet Software and Services, said the following:

“We love music, and the new Apple Music service puts an incredible experience at every fan’s fingertips,” said. ll the ways people love enjoying music come together in one app — a revolutionary streaming service, live worldwide radio and an exciting way for fans to connect with artists.”

Jimmy Iovine also weighed in, saying this:

"Apple Music is really going to move the needle for fans and artists. Online music has become a complicated mess of apps, services and websites. Apple Music brings the best features together for an experience every music lover will appreciate.”

The new music service will cost $9.99 a month, or $14.99 for a family plan of up to six individuals, with a three-month free trial. There are around 30 million tracks on Apple Music but the company also hopes it will be able to bring more features and exclusive content.

Siri has been updated as well, and it can help you find answers to questions like: “play me the best songs from 1994,” or “Play the best FKA twigs song,” or “What was the number one song in February 2011?”

Apple is also introducing Apple Music Connect which allows to artists share lyrics, backstage photos, videos or even release their latest song directly to fans directly from their iPhone. On the other side, fans can comment on or like anything an artist has posted, and share it via Messages, Facebook, Twitter and email.

Source: Apple

Last edited:
Hope the UK is one of 100 countries.

I don't expect we'll ever see it in Canada. After all, iTunes Radio still hasn't come to Canada 2 years after it was launched.

iTunes Radio is only available in the USA and Australia, and it's free. Maybe Apple Music is the reason why they didn't expand this service to other countries.

I'm also wondering which countries will get Apple Music. I hope Austria will be one of them.

Last edited: