What's new

Apple Expecting a Dip in iPhone 7 Sales According to ASE

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
pJf-uUUyV9X_DOiZrOwafcI82Rn6N5L4BqeDVeGUKYP0ulsi3zb_-jq3sGlvG4XFBYnTg9wP-1X5RLR5CfJGxpmzQgo=w426-h240-n
Rumors claiming that the iPhone 7 will see a dip in sales this year have been flooding the blogosphere. The predicted dip is likely due to the lack of innovation and new features, rumored to be missing from this year's devices.

Apple's chip assembler Advanced Semiconductor Engineering claims that the fruit company "is being more conservative" when it comes to placing orders. Apple wasn't specifically mentioned at the shareholder meeting. However the company referenced a "big client in the U.S.", which could only be the Cupertino giant due to its 31.2 percent contribution of ASE's $8.73 billion revenue in 2015.

"The big client in the U.S. is a little more conservative when placing orders this year," said Tien Wu, ASE's chief operating officer, ahead of the company's annual shareholder meeting.

"In the smartphone market, meanwhile, other players besides Apple are more aggressive regarding booking chips this year," Wu said. But, he added, "I don't think anybody is overly aggressive this year, so I don't think there would be any serious inventory correction issue similar to last year."

Current rumored features and changes for the iPhone 7 include the removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack, a dual-lens camera system, restructured antenna bands, and a similar form factor to the iPhone 6S.

Source: Nikkei

Doesn't look good if Apple are expecting a dip in sales.

Wu said. But, he added, blah, blah, blah life and death stuff this got me sitting on the edge of my seat.