What's new

Apple Care+

XDRoX

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this option?

You can see my iDevices in my sig. In the past I've always avoided the insurance type plans. But when the iPad mini came out I opted for the Apple Care+.

To be honest I've never enjoyed an Apple product more. I let kids play with it if they ask. I'm never worried that someone will drop it. Sometimes it wears a case, sometimes it doesn't.

I feel like the $100 for insurance was so worth it. I'm the type of person that worries about stuff. To not have to worry about an accident when it comes to an iPad mini seems like a good solid choice for me.

So a few weeks ago when I got my iPhone 5 I once again opted for the Apple Care+. Since I bought my phone I've been enjoying it without a case and loving every minute with it. And the best part is Apple Care+ is good for two years. In two years I'll be upgrading my iPhone anyways. So for $100 I feel like I don't have to worry about accidentally wrecking my phone.

Is it just me or do others of you also feel that insurance is a better option for you.

Apple care for us has been amazing. When there is an issue there are no questions asked and things get taken care of. It's been great.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

In the past I had Apple Care on all my Apple products. I never once regretted it. This time when I got the iPhone 5, I got the AT&T coverage. They somehow convinced me it was better. I hope so.

I have apple care on my iPhone and also my MacBook Air. I feel better about having the AppleCare if something were to happen. I'll do the same when I buy my iPad mini. For me, I just like that reassurance.

In the past I had Apple Care on all my Apple products. I never once regretted it. This time when I got the iPhone 5, I got the AT&T coverage. They somehow convinced me it was better. I hope so.

One thing that you won't get with the AT&T plan is the two years of included telephone technical support from Apple.

It was about $9.99/month for the phone insurance with Verizon and than a deductible of ~ $100 dollars(I think) for a phone replacement. Anyways...When I saw that, I decided to go with apple.

It was about $9.99/month for the phone insurance with Verizon and than a deductible of ~ $100 dollars(I think) for a phone replacement. Anyways...When I saw that, I decided to go with apple.

Agreed. I calculated the difference over two years. The $99 with apple coverage for two years or Verizon at whatever a month. It was a bit more expensive than apple care!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Agreed. I calculated the difference over two years. The $99 with apple coverage for two years or Verizon at whatever a month. It was a bit more expensive than apple care!

iPhoneMommy

I'll have to dig up my paperwork to see how much the deductible was to actually get the phone replacement. Now I am curious. However, I believe that AppleCare was the better choice at the end! ;)

I'll have to dig up my paperwork to see how much the deductible was to actually get the phone replacement. Now I am curious. However, I believe that AppleCare was the better choice at the end! ;)

I believe the AppleCare deductible is $49.00 for each damage claim.

I thought it was $75+? But that was years ago.

iPhoneMommy

No I meant the Verizon deductible.

iPhoneMommy

No I meant the Verizon deductible.

iPhoneMommy

Here's the Verizon link. http://support.verizonwireless.com/faqs/Features and Optional Services/faq_equipment_insurance.html

According to it the deductible is $199.00, since the iPhone qualifies as an advanced device. Here's a screenshot from the Asurion website,

$image-1741206707.jpg Asurion provides the insurance program to Verizon.