What's new

Apple Announces AirPods 2?

I was going to say. My gen1 still give me 10+ hours of use. How did you manage to get them down to 10 minutes of use?

Not saying it's impossible, just want to track what I'm doing right to extend the life of mine.

I was going to say. My gen1 still give me 10+ hours of use. How did you manage to get them down to 10 minutes of use?

Not saying it's impossible, just want to track what I'm doing right to extend the life of mine.

I purchased my Gen 1 a month after release so for a little over two years. I use them everyday for music, talking, GPS, just about everything. I've never heard of anybody getting 10+ hours on a single charge for their AirPods, the case yes, that thing is a beast and mine still works great, but the actual AirPods are only staying charged for approx 10 minus per use. I actually think two years for battery life is pretty good. It comes out to about $6.60 per month for two years at $159.99. Not to bad in my honest opinion.

Last edited:
I don't use mine daily, so there's that. I also don't charge or plug in until they're completely drained. Then I go for a full charge to 100% and repeat the cycle. I don't do mid charges, so there's that.

I have used them for the occasional phone call, but I'll mainly use them for music listening and can go for 10+ hours in a single day (at work or on set).I listen at normal (mid) as I don't like blaring loud audio in my ears. It's more of a background noise affect.

I'm shocked that you've never heard of anyone getting more than 10 hours use from a single charge.

I purchased mine after launch. So I've had them for a little over a year now, so not 2 full years yet. There's that. Also in Canada they cost slightly more at $219 these things better last me a few more years so that I can break even in some way.

I could leave my case on my desk for two weeks without using it and come back see it still has 97% battery. Could I be the only lucky person to buy the bestest long lasting AirPods ever sold?

My first gen are going strong... I don't think the price of wireless case is attractive for me... I will be picking up the 2nd gen for sister...

I don't use mine daily, so there's that. I also don't charge or plug in until they're completely drained. Then I go for a full charge to 100% and repeat the cycle. I don't do mid charges, so there's that.

I have used them for the occasional phone call, but I'll mainly use them for music listening and can go for 10+ hours in a single day (at work or on set).I listen at normal (mid) as I don't like blaring loud audio in my ears. It's more of a background noise affect.

I'm shocked that you've never heard of anyone getting more than 10 hours use from a single charge.

I purchased mine after launch. So I've had them for a little over a year now, so not 2 full years yet. There's that. Also in Canada they cost slightly more at $219 these things better last me a few more years so that I can break even in some way.

I could leave my case on my desk for two weeks without using it and come back see it still has 97% battery. Could I be the only lucky person to buy the bestest long lasting AirPods ever sold?

Obviously we use our Airpods totally differently "so there's that"...LOL

I got my Gen 1 AirPods as a Birthday gift in August 2018. I sparingly use them to be honest - frequency is normally once a week when I have to walk to my Physiotherapy session on a Saturday morning. Otherwise I occasionally use them at home to listen to YouTube videos just before I go to sleep - usually under an hour of use - then they’re back in their case.

They’re always stored in the AirPods case. I haven’t had any power problems with them. I’m thinking of giving them a good clean (they’re NOT dirty) and handing them down to my daughter, while I get the latest AirPods 2.

Could Spencerdl’s AirPods have been defective in some way? Regardless, they’re a genuine marvel of engineering when you think about it. Amazing technology!

I got my Gen 1 AirPods as a Birthday gift in August 2018. I sparingly use them to be honest - frequency is normally once a week when I have to walk to my Physiotherapy session on a Saturday morning. Otherwise I occasionally use them at home to listen to YouTube videos just before I go to sleep - usually under an hour of use - then they’re back in their case.

They’re always stored in the AirPods case. I haven’t had any power problems with them. I’m thinking of giving them a good clean (they’re NOT dirty) and handing them down to my daughter, while I get the latest AirPods 2.

Could Spencerdl’s AirPods have been defective in some way? Regardless, they’re a genuine marvel of engineering when you think about it. Amazing technology!

No my AirPods 1st Gen was not defective. The AirPods themselves when new are only able to hold about a four hours charge. The case is totally different and can last up to 2 days in some cases. It is impossible to get 10 hours use from the AirPods on a single charge (not referring to case) because the battery is not capable of sustaining for that long while using non stop (talking, listening to music ect).

Last edited:
I have since purchased the AirPods Pro and really like them. A substantial upgrade from AirPods Gen 1 & 2...

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

I gave my AirPods to my daughter, as I was under using them and I knew she’d get more out of them than I would - so, after a very careful clean and disinfect protocol, off they went.
(To be fair, they were hardly used).

She’s getting great use out of them, especially now that she has an iPhone 11 (family birthday gift). Yup, iPaid....[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787].
Then the other daughter wanted one too.....so.....iPaid again! [emoji15][emoji849][emoji2357]

I’m still stuck with an ancient iPhone 6s Plus! [emoji13]. My upgrade plan for Xmas went out the window as I always buy my handsets outright.

I was eyeing an iPhone 11 Pro.....but......well, my piggy bank is looking a bit empty right now...[emoji24].

Ultimately, I’d like a pair of AirPod Pro’s too. I was gonna get those for Xmas, but held off. I think I’d rather have the iPhone 11 Pro first - as I’ve already got a pair of Bose QC35 Bluetooth headphones.

So the unthinkable happened. I lost my AirPods Pro [emoji35]. Not sure I want to spend another $250, however Apple has spoiled me, so I hope Santa can bring me a new pair soon.

So the unthinkable happened. I lost my AirPods Pro [emoji35]. Not sure I want to spend another $250, however Apple has spoiled me, so I hope Santa can bring me a new pair soon.
Did you use the Find My app to get the AirPods to play a sound in case they’re within earshot?