What's new

App Takes Pictures When People Try to Tamper With Stolen iPhones

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
10174-iphone-theif.JPG

The Daily Mail reports on an app that enables you to have your iPhone take a picture of anyone who tries to unlock it when it goes missing or is stolen. In particular, the story focuses on a woman who has unknowingly taken a picture of herself when trying to unlock a stolen iPhone. This is because the phone was protected by an app called iGotYa, that the owner had set up to take pictures of anyone trying to unlock it. The ingenious app even maps the phone’s current location, and emails all the info back to the owner, which is what happened in this case. The phone had previously been stolen from the Coalition nightclub in Brighton, England earlier in the month, and when the owner received the picture of the young lady (above) who was apparently trying to unlock the phone, they contacted the police in Sussex. The police told The Daily Mail that although they do not yet know if the woman in the picture stole the phone, they would like to talk to her, and ask anyone who recognises her to contact them. Either way, it certainly seems like this app is a good idea if you’re worried about your iPhone getting stolen! You phone must be jailbroken in order to use it, however, as it’s only on Cydia. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] Woman takes picture of herself on mobile phone stolen at nightclub then unwittingly sends it to owner | Mail Online

LOVE IT!!! Maybe our devices are safe now as you never know what people have rigged up to them to protect the, from theft!!

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

i had this installed for a few days. while its a good idea, i had some problems with it:

1) wish u could make they keypad error longer ( sometimes it takes me 3 tries before i get the right number cause i always hit the wrong one
2) this app has caused my phone to get stuck on the apple logo on loop. i was unable to use a phone for a whole days ince i couldnt restore at work. after restoring, the app will continue to shutdown my phone a few times a day. after i uninstalled the app i havent encountered the problem again. not sure if thats part of the feature to make ur phone stuck at the apple logo loop.

You can adjust the number of times in settings. You have from one to ten times.