What's new

App once installed, now doesn't

frugalmule

Reaction score
I had apps such as LastPass and OneNote on my iPhone which was the same 3G as my wife's phone. We bought them at the same time and are hold-outs on signing another two-year contract. Because of the games Apple seems to be playing with apps that will update but not install, we are leaning into Android 4 territory. I have a number of apps that she can't download because it says the phone is too old, but that I could update because I already had them prior to new iPhone hardware releases. This makes no sense. Short of jailbreaking her phone, is there any way around this application installation restriction currently?

I had apps such as LastPass and OneNote on my iPhone which was the same 3G as my wife's phone. We bought them at the same time and are hold-outs on signing another two-year contract. Because of the games Apple seems to be playing with apps that will update but not install, we are leaning into Android 4 territory. I have a number of apps that she can't download because it says the phone is too old, but that I could update because I already had them prior to new iPhone hardware releases. This makes no sense. Short of jailbreaking her phone, is there any way around this application installation restriction currently?
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.