What's new

App Cache Clear?

hollywood90

Reaction score
Facebook: 1.65GB
Instagram: 1.3GB
Spotify: .98GB (Offline Mode IS disabled on ALL playlists)
Tweetdeck: 768MB

INSANE amount of space taken up on my phone for all these apps. Leaving me with less and less room for other goodies. So, my question is, is there any way to clear the app cache for these apps? Only options I get in Settings is to delete the whole app. (Mind you, it DOES delete the cached memory, but it ALSO deletes the whole app, which is HIGHLY undesirable.)

Any help is greatly appreciated! :D

No man. Sorry. All that data just builds up. really no way to clear it w/o reinstalling the app. If you were jailbroken you could with MobileTerminal. But I suspect your not jailbroken.

Last edited:
This is something new to me - how do you remove all the apps data with Mobile Terminal?

Might be easier than uninstalling/reinstalling an app...

TIA.

Marilyn

No man. Sorry. All that data just builds up. really no way to clear it w/o reinstalling the app. If you were jialbroken you could with <obileTerminal. But suspect your not jailbroken.

Yeah, I can't til they release a jailbreak for 5.1 on the 4S. A5 is great, unless you're a hacker.... :/

When a jailbreak becomes available, is there an app out there to clear app cached data or anything? Or what IS the commands to enter into the Mobile Terminal app?

hollywood90 said:
When a jailbreak becomes available, is there an app out there to clear app cached data or anything? Or what IS the commands to enter into the Mobile Terminal app?

First you have to install "MobileTerminal (NEW)". If it does not say MobileTerminal (NEW) it won't work.

You have to install a script from Cydia. You have to add a repo first. A repo I'm not allowed to name here. Same thing with MobileTerminal

The script is called CUC (clean up crap)

Open Terminal log in as root, and type cuc, then press return.

First you have to install "MobileTerminal (NEW)". If it does not say MobileTerminal (NEW) it won't work.

You have to install a script from Cydia. You have to add a repo first. A repo I'm not allowed to name here. Same thing with MobileTerminal

Are you allowed to PM me it? Or, what might one search the interwebs for to get this forbidden repo? o_O

Or is that still pretty much He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named status? (Hint: his name rhymes with raldabort)

Never mind, then. I don't want to go into repos that are piracy-related.

And neither should any of you...!

Marilyn

Mickey330 said:
Never mind, then. I don't want to go into repos that are piracy-related.

And neither should any of you...!

Marilyn

Lol. ...............