What's new

APN Settings

karthik

Reaction score
hi everyone, i use a iphone 4 and post updating the Carrier settings update, i am unable to get the APN settings options. Currently have 4.3.3 in my phone. Can anyone help me urgently.

I have a similar problem.
Mine is a factory unlocked I phone 4 and it's not jailbroken.
I recently updated the OS to 4.3.3 and ever since then i have been unable to enter my APN settings. The option doesn't show up on my phone.
I've popped out the sim card and restarted the the phone twice but no luck.
Can someone help me out.

Download the iphone configuration utility from apple. Sorry, not allowed to post a link. Google it. From the utility you can send the configuration directly to your phone. Unfortunately it won't allow you to enter the mms configuration.

I downloaded the config utility made the APN changes under config profiles connected my phone and tried to install the config profile however i got a message saying that the profile could not be loaded.

In the app, Library->Configuration Profiles->General-> the fields "Name" and "Identifier" must be completed. In my case I entered "Aon" and "Apple". For "Security" I entered "always". Optionally I configured my email accounts here. Then the APN in "advanced". Then clicking on my phone in "devices" I went to "configuration profiles" and applied the changes.

So I did all these steps but when I go to devices and try installing the configuration settings nothing happens.

The pop up that is supposed to appear once you click on the install button is not showing up.

Assuming you have wireless connectivity, Google "unlockit" and open the first hit in Safari on your iphone, choose your provider, or scroll to the bottom to add your own apn if your provider isn't listed.