What's new

Anyone wondering why no update yet?

Contra

Reaction score
Is anyone else interested in knowing why we haven’t gotten the 11.2 update? I know they will get it to us when it is ready, but o-my-gosh...

Is anyone else interested in knowing why we haven’t gotten the 11.2 update? I know they will get it to us when it is ready, but o-my-gosh...

Because the betas still have issues??

I’ve been having an issue with messages where I go to send a pic and the messages app photo disappears and you can’t bring the keyboard up. I have to force close the app then restart it to fix it.

iOS 11.2 beta 5 was just released yesterday. While Apple never releases its update schedule, there will likely be no public release within the next week.

Is it worth updating from 10.2 to whatever 11 is out now? Speed, battery life?
In addition to feature updates, iOS updates also contain security updates and bug fixes. That alone may make it worthwhile to update.

Is it worth updating from 10.2 to whatever 11 is out now? Speed, battery life?

Depends on your phone and what you are looking for. 5S won't be as responsive (I haven't updated mine from 10), my 6S Plus has been affected, it stutters and things are much slower, it also has a number of glitches now. My X and 8Plus are brilliant as are both the first and second generation iPad Pro on 11.1.2 so your happiness factor may be affected based on your hardware.

Depends on your phone and what you are looking for. 5S won't be as responsive (I haven't updated mine from 10), my 6S Plus has been affected, it stutters and things are much slower, it also has a number of glitches now. My X and 8Plus are brilliant as are both the first and second generation iPad Pro on 11.1.2 so your happiness factor may be affected based on your hardware.
Thanks. I have a year old 7+.