What's new

Anyone else obessed with the condition of their gadgets?

Being obsessed with the condition of your gadgets is a good thing, it means they'll stay in better condition for a lot longer. I treat my gadgets as though they were jewel-encrusted gold, which is why I never need cases or screen protectors and they're never lost or stolen.

That being said, I don't get how people are openly comfortable about having a huge crack on their screen with pieces of their screen falling off. Darn it...LEARN TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR DEVICE *attempts to strangle mid air*

Last edited:
That being said, I don't get how people are openly comfortable about having a huge crack on their screen with pieces of their screen falling off. Darn it LEARN TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR DEVICE *attempts to strangle mid air*

RIGHT!?!?!? That drives me MAD!!

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. I am glad I am not the only crazy person about my device.

Simple way to prevent that is to not let small children touch the devices. Makes me cringe everytime I see a parent let their small children play with their iphones/ipads.

Simple way to prevent that is to not let small children touch the devices. Makes me cringe everytime I see a parent let their small children play with their iphones/ipads.

This has replaced coloring books these days. I'm thankful for the artistic and educational apps for our kids. And that's why we use Zagg and otterbox LoL

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Simple way to prevent that is to not let small children touch the devices. Makes me cringe every time I see a parent let their small children play with their iphones/ipads.
You got that right, Oscar! I know a family that lets their 3, 5, and 8 year-olds play with the family's iPhones and iPad. The iPad got totally nuked after a month by the 3-year old. The 5 year old likes to drop the iPhone in the toilet. The 7 year-old like to play Frisbee with the iPhone. And the (financially poor) parents haven't the fortitude to STOP THIS!! Unfortunately, in many homes, the kids rule. Sad. But anyway........ Back to the subject, taking pride and care for an expensive device such as the iPad or iPhone is only logical -- even if it's OCD! :)

See I don't get how parents allow their kids to act that way. Our oldest is 3 and she as well as our 1 1/2 yo are completely capable of "do nice". The minute they do one not nice thing they lose the privilege. Growing up NOT having these things they only get to use them for special times. I don't want them to sit and gawk at the phone or computer for hours. That annoys me!

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

My two year old does animals on mine, sitting on my lap where I can watch him. Ticks him off that I won't let him wander but that's life. My wife is a bit more lenient with hers but still strict about it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I clean mine all the time, but working in the cell phone industry, I want mine to look as best as I can when I show it off to customers! :D

EWyatt said:
I know a family that lets their 3, 5, and 8 year-olds play with the family's iPhones and iPad. The iPad got totally nuked after a month by the 3-year old. The 5 year old likes to drop the iPhone in the toilet. The 7 year-old like to play Frisbee with the iPhone.

I have a few toddler games on my iPhone, but I rarely let my 2.5yr play with my, he can unlock it, and delete icons. And that frustrates me beyond anything. He's soo smart about my phone, and I bought it used. But the way it looks is essential to keeping my OCD in check.

I'm a perfectionist and a minimalist at the same time. I can't stand any imperfections on my gadgets, and I can't even stand watching someone else wrapping their beautiful gadget in bulky shells let alone using one myself. Life is hard ain't it?

My wife lets our six year old play on her phone all the time. Every time she touches mine I tell her it's broke then she will leave it alone.

Lol

Errr! Does that mean I'm OCD? The scratches on my baby annoy me to hell. How the hell did they get there?