What's new

Any wifi tethering apps on cydia for vzw iphone

Title says it................

Yes MyWi, but its not free...it costs 19.99 but thats a one time cost instead of paying Verizon 20 bucks a month for the service.
I used that back when I had my iPhone 3G, worked VERY well, much better then any wireless tethering apps I've tried for my Droid. It only cost $9.99 back then though.

just download PDA net, its free, simple, and just works. I used in on my droid and it's the first app i searched for after jailbreaking

just download PDA net, its free, simple, and just works. I used in on my droid and it's the first app i searched for after jailbreaking
The free version doesn't let you utilize https as far as I know.

Same two I'm hearing. I did hear of a couple people having problems associated with MyWi but can't remember the details, I'll have to look.

As far as paying for it, I can deal with $19.99. That's a lot less painful than $20 per month.

I paid $50 for BlackBerry tether software.
It was worth every penny. When I get my iPhone tomorrow...it's one of the first things I'll be searching for. Tether software.

I paid $50 for BlackBerry tether software.
It was worth every penny. When I get my iPhone tomorrow...it's one of the first things I'll be searching for. Tether software.

Make sure you Jailbreak it first. Won't be able to find any until you do. ;)

love mywi :), Just jailbroke my iphone and that wast the first thing i got.

Thanks. I'm studying the jailbreak for 4.2.6 Verizon iPhone 4. Might attempt it tomorrow. Still having email settings issues. I can receive emails...but they won't send from the phone. Error tells me Cannot send mail/rejected by the server.

Thanks. I'm studying the jailbreak for 4.2.6 Verizon iPhone 4. Might attempt it tomorrow. Still having email settings issues. I can receive emails...but they won't send from the phone. Error tells me Cannot send mail/rejected by the server.

In Settings... ensure your SMTP Server settings are correct. Many times, users accidentally insert a 'space' between the smtp server name and .com... for example smtp.myisp.com may have been entered as smtp.myisp. com

That, or some other very minor typo in the SMTP setting.

My problem:
I could receive email via my iPhone but not send email out from my iPhone.

I did some research and come to find out that some cable Tv provider internet services allow you to receive but do not allow you to send remotely. (ie...you must be sending from your own cable router at home and not from the iphone off property)

My Solution:
I simply changed my iphone settings for my incoming mail server to my normal cable provider setting (pop.secureserver.net) and used a gmail account of mine as the Outgoing mail server. (smtp.gmail.com)

Now I can send and receive email from the iphone on all my accounts.