What's new

Any way to prevent AT&T wifi from auto login at McDonalds

APX7000

Reaction score
I notice when I stop or pass by a McDonald's, my wifi icon pops up without my permission and connects automatically to McDonald's wifi. I don't like this!

Is there any way to prevent or remove the auto connection to wifi networks?

I notice when I stop or pass by a McDonald's, my wifi icon pops up without my permission and connects automatically to McDonald's wifi. I don't like this!

Is there any way to prevent or remove the auto connection to wifi networks?
Next time it happens, go to Settings>WiFi and tap on the McDonald's WiFi entry, then tap the information button at the right side of the line. Finally, tap the Forget This Network button. That should stop it from auto-connecting in the future.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! Thanks for the quick reply. It's not that I have anything to hide, but don't want to think I'm on secure LTE, but going through wifi.

I must have said "OK" long ago at McDonald's to their wifi.

Thanks!

Also, you might want to toggle "Ask to join networks" to off. Otherwise, it will keep asking you if you want to join.

I do have "Ask to join networks" turned on.

However I thought if it was toggled off, it would automatically connect to any unsecured network without me knowing and I don't want that.

Will turn it off after disassociating with McDonalds. Thanks for the advice guys.

Ask to join networks only means that as it finds available networks to connect to it will ask you if you want to join them (a pain, in my book). If it's turned off you have to manually add networks to your connections. In the end, the only networks it will connect to automatically will be those that you have previously connected to at some point. And those you can take off that list by telling it to forget that network.