What's new

Any way to get rid of white backgrounds in IOS 7?

musiclover77

Reaction score
There are a number of us in my circle trying to figure this one out... None of us are fans of the white background on the keyboard , the sms, and the contacts section of the new OS. Anyone know of a way around this yet or are we stuck waiting for a jailbreak?

Stuck. Well unless someone at Apple decides to cut us a break with iOS 7.1.0 and give us a color choice.

I read this somewhere but have not tried it. To turn the IPS background from white to grey, Settings.General.access ability.increase contrast. Hope this helps.

Stuck. Well unless someone at Apple decides to cut us a break with iOS 7.1.0 and give us a color choice.

That would go well with the 5C for some users. A color scheme to match the back housing of the device.

Just go to Setting->Wallpapers & Brightness->Choose Wallpaper, then select one of your choice.
It worked on my iPhone 4s

Mathew

Yeah, I know about wallpaper, was the first thing I did after installing 7.0. But that doesn't fix the phone keyboard, clock, calender, etc.. everything else that has the stupid white background. The phone keyboard was so easy to see on 6.0. What is wrong with those Apple engineers? Why mess up the background and make numbers so hard to see!
Surely they will update to correct this mistake.

Wtb: darkish more professional looking theme.

GS4/iPhone5

u can switch color in accesibility menu
epety3um.jpg

yeah i wish there was a way also to change the theme to a dark look. i think it would be much easier on the eyes thats for sure