What's new

Any way to block calls?

Professor Xavier

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to block numbers for Sprint phones that is not jail broken? I've been using google voice but it sucks having to use a 3rd party service to answer calls. Is adding a silent ring tone really the only option?

jb or no jb you can always go to your cell provider and ask them to block certain calls or even certain numbers. tho some of the providers will add a ser-charge

Hello Professor... There is a way to so this. I will write the steps down in the next few days and post them for you. I found this answer a while back by doing a google search for it and talking to sprint technical support. Your phone doesn't have to be broken to do this.

you can use the feature called do not disturb, now you can block all calls but only allow a selected few to be able to call you but the down side is if some one calls you from another number and its an emergency you wont get the call... but if thats not a concern then you could do that? as long as youre on ios 6

I have the sprint service with my iPhone. This is what I do to block unwanted Phone Numbers & Text Messages

Go to: my sprint.sprint.com
Then click on the icon called: My Sprint (It's Light Gray button)
Go to we're it says: My Preferences (Darker Gray Button)
- scroll down to were you see: Limits and permissions
Click on: block voice (to block calls)
block text ( to block unwanted text messages)
I mainly use these two options.

For this example: I'll click on block voice
- click were it shows an icon that has your name & phone number
- read the directions. I usually click the bottom that says:
Block only the following phone numbers.... After you enter the number you want to block
Then click the yellow add number square. Make sure you scroll to the bottom and pressure the yellow button
That says Save. If you don't press save your number(s) that you want to block will not be added to the list

Sorry for the delay on responding. I hope this is what you were asking for. Take care

Is there any way to block unwanted phone call on T-mobile? I know it's impossible to block a call from iPhone if it's not jb.. Sign, I get so many junk calls these days, wondering where they got my number.

Is there any way to block unwanted phone call on T-mobile? I know it's impossible to block a call from iPhone if it's not jb.. Sign, I get so many junk calls these days, wondering where they got my number.
Go to settings:phone/blocked/add new.
Also, you must get on do not call list with mobile #. Charities and political orgs can still call. They are exempt.
Hope this helps.

Go to settings:phone/blocked/add new.
Also, you must get on do not call list with mobile #. Charities and political orgs can still call. They are exempt.
Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot.
Just added my # to do not call list, hope that can make a difference for me!