What's new

Any solution for probably factory unlocked iphone 4 NO SERVICE?

poltn22

Reaction score
I have a big problem with my iPhone 4 (8GB). I got it from Switzerland, but I'm using it with a UK sim. What I thought it was FACTORY UNLOCKED, since it immediately found my carrier even before asking to activate the phone. (I also checked on a site, and it is UNLOCKED.) But I couldn't activate it just kept saying that "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported" blabla.... I was wondering why...

So I decided to give it a try and jailbreake it with the latest redsn0w (hacktivate). I jailbroke it, everything went flawless, I could use it without any problem. Before the battery depleted the only program I tried to install from Cydia was "iphonedelivery" (don't know if that matters anything).

Anyway, the battery depleted, then I charged it, turned it on, and ever since it says "no service". What can I do now? I have restored it from iTunes, Jailbroke it again with redsn0w, with no luck. If I restore with iTunes, there is "no service", and it should still be activated (with a proper sim), or if I jailbreake it with redsn0w, it is working fine but I cannot use it as a phone , since still "no service". What am I doing wrong?

It came with 5.1.1
model: MD198FD
Baseband: 04.12.01

What can I do now? Any any any ideas are really appreciated.