What's new

Any news on Untethered 4.2.1.

It doesn't work. Once connected it starts extracting software then it says "Verifying iphone restore with apple" then the error message 3194 then my phone returns back to normal with the 4.2.1

That means you don't have SHSH's saved for 4.1 or you havn't added the extra line in the hosts file correctly...

I copied and pasted the line that you type.

Well if it's in a new line then it's right. I have it on my hosts file and managed to downgrade after my phone got stuck in recovery.

You must not have saved you SHSH's when on 4.1. If you jailbreak 4.2.1 and open cydia it will have a list at the top in green of all the SHSH's cydia has for your phone...

Oh I wasn't aware that cydia would show my shsh..Ok here goes again!!!! lol

when using redsn0w_win_0.9.6b4

Can anyone confirm that when I install an app and I have to reboot and it freezes on the apple logo, I need to use redsnow and tick the "just boot tethered right now" box and all will be good?

when using redsn0w_win_0.9.6b4

Can anyone confirm that when I install an app and I have to reboot and it freezes on the apple logo, I need to use redsnow and tick the "just boot tethered right now" box and all will be good?

yes...it works for me everytime......not that i have ever had to reboot
i only do it once a week to clean temp files and whatnot

@DJ101: so you never reboot you just press the home button and the application will be installed correctly? So when you reboot once a week you have no issues with freezing even with the applications on your IP4? Are you using redsn0w_win_0.9.6b4? Have you installed MY3G or 3G Unrestrictor or Cydelete, I menetioned these cause they were the ones that caused my phone to freeze on the apple logo, but I will try again now for the umpteenth time ..

i use 3g unrestrictor perfectly
i did the recent update with 0.9.6rc8.
still tethered,i just like to have the most recent fixes

the only thing i installed the required a reboot was afcadd ..to usb browes my phone from my computer
everthing else has been a RESPRING not reboot...you can RESPRING all day long.

Just installed 3g unrestrictor (still says I need to be connected to wifi) and tomtom (not picking up gps) + sbsetting (nothing happens) and lockinfo (nothing happens), they don't work for me, I'm thinking the reason is I need to reboot which I'm not going to do obviously...oh man!

Last edited: