What's new

Any in-depth reviews here?

DILands

Reaction score
Come on guys - Help me out lol- I'm waiting till November for the Jet Black - coming from a Note 7 - I need some serious reviews from actual users to tide me over.

There's plenty on here and l'm sure more we come when members get there iPhones.
Don't forget the internet is full of reviews.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Here you go. My in-depth review of the iPhone 7 Plus:

iPhone 7 Plus Review from an iPhone 6S Plus user.

I’ll admit it. There’s really no reason to upgrade to the 7 if you have the 6S. I mean, why did I? I got sucked in as an iSheep. I woke up at 3am launch day and signed in only to find out I was going to have to wait until October for the Jetblack. I mean, isn’t that what everyone wanted? Then I looked at my second choice, matte black, and thought, I’ll have it in a case, so what do I care if it is shiny or not. Plus, the finger prints it’d collect just wouldn’t be worth getting the JetBlack, so I ordered the Matte. Why? I still can’t answer that question. Do I need it to be water resistant? Not really. I mean, my 6S was splash resistant and I have yet to drop it in the toilet. Let’s face it, that’s why you want it water resistant. You know that’s the real reason. Do I need a duo camera? I don’t even know what that is, let alone need it. Do I need a front facing camera of 7MP instead of 5MP? Please. No one wants to see this mug! Do I need 3GB of RAM instead of 2. Well… do I need it? Need isn’t the best answer. Want is more likely, but no, I don’t need it. Bigger battery? Heck, I got through two days on the weekend on a single charge. Sometimes I’d need to charge in the evening if I used my hotspot or watched a lot of videos, but no, I didn’t need a bigger battery. That’s another want category as well. Did I need 256GB? I had 128GB and I have filled it up before. Hard to believe, but yes, I’ve filled up my phone before because I didn’t empty out the deleted photos. But, I didn’t empty out the deleted photos, so as soon as I did, BAM 99GB free. So, did I need 256? Probably not. Did I need the faster LTE? I think I always need faster internet, but isn’t 30+Mbps enough? So that’s probably another want feature as well. Did I need to spend another $1100 on a phone? Nope. Didn’t need to do that at all! So, when you read that, and even as I think back, why did I do it? I’ll give it to you in order of why.

Faster LTE – Yes. Yes I do want that and it was a huge factor in my decision. Eventually Verizon won’t let me keep my unlimited data and change phones, so that’s one reason why I’m always changing phones if the LTE is better. This one has LTE-A Cat 12 and is supposedly twice as fast as the iPhone 6S's LTE-A Cat 6, as long as Verizon gives us access to it. I’m pretty sure they will, but I don’t know if they have yet. So far I’m still seeing the same speeds as before. But like I said, this was the reason I ordered the phone. Faster LTE coupled with my Unlimited Data Plan will always win out over money in the bank for me.

RAM – Any RAM you throw at a device is good. I believe, unless this processor is really that good, I believe the RAM is the biggest change that I’m noticing. The phone just feels snappier and responsive. More than the 6S. There are things that just open and switch that I know took a half a second previously that take no time now. It’s almost as if it’s instantaneous. I’m sure the RAM is partially responsible for this. I mean it’s 50% more RAM.

Processor – See my statement above. The new processor combined with extra RAM are a combo I’ve never seen in a device and perform like no phone I’ve ever had. This is a big improvement over last year’s model that I didn’t know needed to be improved.

Bigger Battery = longer life. Simple. Bigger battery is always better. We’ll see today, but I anticipate having at least 50% or more left tonight when I go to bed.

256GB Storage – Let’s face it. We’ll always need more storage and Apple will never give us a memory expansion slot. They make too much money on the up sale. I have filled up the 128GB before, so 256 is better. I could have made it on my 128GB though. So not a very big importance. Having said that, am I going to not spend the extra C-Note to go from 128 to 256? Of course I am. I’m not stupid!

Camera Zoom Duo Lens – While I rarely zoom in, I can say that it takes exceptional pictures. I actually use it this morning to take a zoomed in shot of a scratch on my old now for sale iPhone and was surprised at the detail. In fact, I’m not really sure I want people to see that before buying my old phone! The camera is really good quality, but let’s face it, it should be.

Front facing camera – Really could not care less. Hardly ever use it. 7 is better than 5 better, right?

Water Resistant – Sure. It’s a good thing to have. I still can’t take it swimming like I can my on-order iWatch 2. Am I going to test this? No way. I’ll leave that for those geeks on YouTube.

Black Phones – I am happy they brought in black to the line. I do like the phone to blend all the way around and it’s sleeker. I’m also happy they were out of JetBlack. I dig the matte.

Home Button – Wow. Am I really going to talk about a button, or in this case, an indentation in the glass where force touch still works that Apple made to feel like a button? I have to say, I’m shocked at home badly iOS 10 screwed up the Home Button, until I use iOS 10 on the 7 that doesn’t have the button. Now I get it. Now everything works correctly again. ApplePay opens up properly. Placing my thumb over the button allows me to either press or not press and the phone does exactly what I want it to do. After I upgraded my 6s to iOS 10, the home button was horrible. It never would do what I wanted it to do when I wanted it to do it. Now I understand! iOS 10 is made for the iPhone 7 and the missing home button. If nothing else, I’m happy I got the iPhone 7 so that my dang home button works properly again.

Overall – While I just got the phone last night, I can already say that it’s enough of an improvement that I won’t be sending it back. In fact I put my old phone up on Swappa this morning, so I’m all in with the iPhone 7. Its responsiveness and quickness has won me over. While I still don’t think it’s worth the price I paid, I guess that’s the going rate for perfection, or at least as close as you can come to perfection with a SmartPhone.

Last edited:
Oh ya, I forgot:

Missing Headphone Jack - Who Cares?! I mean, they give you a lightning port to 3.5mm adaptor, so you can use your old headphones, and they give you lightning headphones; so I say again, WHO CARES?!

Here you go. My in-depth review of the iPhone 7 Plus:

iPhone 7 Plus Review from an iPhone 6S Plus user.

I’ll admit it. There’s really no reason to upgrade to the 7 if you have the 6S. I mean, why did I? I got sucked in as an iSheep. I woke up at 3am launch day and signed in only to find out I was going to have to wait until October for the Jetblack. I mean, isn’t that what everyone wanted? Then I looked at my second choice, matte black, and thought, I’ll have it in a case, so what do I care if it is shiny or not. Plus, the finger prints it’d collect just wouldn’t be worth getting the JetBlack, so I ordered the Matte. Why? I still can’t answer that question. Do I need it to be water resistant? Not really. I mean, my 6S was splash resistant and I have yet to drop it in the toilet. Let’s face it, that’s why you want it water resistant. You know that’s the real reason. Do I need a duo camera? I don’t even know what that is, let alone need it. Do I need a front facing camera of 7MP instead of 5MP? Please. No one wants to see this mug! Do I need 3GB of RAM instead of 2. Well… do I need it? Need isn’t the best answer. Want is more likely, but no, I don’t need it. Bigger battery? Heck, I got through two days on the weekend on a single charge. Sometimes I’d need to charge in the evening if I used my hotspot or watched a lot of videos, but no, I didn’t need a bigger battery. That’s another want category as well. Did I need 256GB? I had 128GB and I have filled it up before. Hard to believe, but yes, I’ve filled up my phone before because I didn’t empty out the deleted photos. But, I didn’t empty out the deleted photos, so as soon as I did, BAM 99GB free. So, did I need 256? Probably not. Did I need the faster LTE? I think I always need faster internet, but isn’t 30+Mbps enough? So that’s probably another want feature as well. Did I need to spend another $1100 on a phone? Nope. Didn’t need to do that at all! So, when you read that, and even as I think back, why did I do it? I’ll give it to you in order of why.

Faster LTE – Yes. Yes I do want that and it was a huge factor in my decision. Eventually Verizon won’t let me keep my unlimited data and change phones, so that’s one reason why I’m always changing phones if the LTE is better. This one has LTE-A Cat 12 and is supposedly twice as fast as the iPhone 6S's LTE-A Cat 6, as long as Verizon gives us access to it. I’m pretty sure they will, but I don’t know if they have yet. So far I’m still seeing the same speeds as before. But like I said, this was the reason I ordered the phone. Faster LTE coupled with my Unlimited Data Plan will always win out over money in the bank for me.

RAM – Any RAM you throw at a device is good. I believe, unless this processor is really that good, I believe the RAM is the biggest change that I’m noticing. The phone just feels snappier and responsive. More than the 6S. There are things that just open and switch that I know took a half a second previously that take no time now. It’s almost as if it’s instantaneous. I’m sure the RAM is partially responsible for this. I mean it’s 50% more RAM.

Processor – See my statement above. The new processor combined with extra RAM are a combo I’ve never seen in a device and perform like no phone I’ve ever had. This is a big improvement over last year’s model that I didn’t know needed to be improved.

Bigger Battery = longer life. Simple. Bigger battery is always better. We’ll see today, but I anticipate having at least 50% or more left tonight when I go to bed.

256GB Storage – Let’s face it. We’ll always need more storage and Apple will never give us a memory expansion slot. They make too much money on the up sale. I have filled up the 128GB before, so 256 is better. I could have made it on my 128GB though. So not a very big importance. Having said that, am I going to not spend the extra C-Note to go from 128 to 256? Of course I am. I’m not stupid!

Camera Zoom Duo Lens – While I rarely zoom in, I can say that it takes exceptional pictures. I actually use it this morning to take a zoomed in shot of a scratch on my old now for sale iPhone and was surprised at the detail. In fact, I’m not really sure I want people to see that before buying my old phone! The camera is really good quality, but let’s face it, it should be.

Front facing camera – Really could not care less. Hardly ever use it. 7 is better than 5 better, right?

Water Resistant – Sure. It’s a good thing to have. I still can’t take it swimming like I can my on-order iWatch 2. Am I going to test this? No way. I’ll leave that for those geeks on YouTube.

Black Phones – I am happy they brought in black to the line. I do like the phone to blend all the way around and it’s sleeker. I’m also happy they were out of JetBlack. I dig the matte.

Home Button – Wow. Am I really going to talk about a button, or in this case, an indentation in the glass where force touch still works that Apple made to feel like a button? I have to say, I’m shocked at home badly iOS 10 screwed up the Home Button, until I use iOS 10 on the 7 that doesn’t have the button. Now I get it. Now everything works correctly again. ApplePay opens up properly. Placing my thumb over the button allows me to either press or not press and the phone does exactly what I want it to do. After I upgraded my 6s to iOS 10, the home button was horrible. It never would do what I wanted it to do when I wanted it to do it. Now I understand! iOS 10 is made for the iPhone 7 and the missing home button. If nothing else, I’m happy I got the iPhone 7 so that my dang home button works properly again.

Overall – While I just got the phone last night, I can already say that it’s enough of an improvement that I won’t be sending it back. In fact I put my old phone up on Swappa this morning, so I’m all in with the iPhone 7. Its responsiveness and quickness has won me over. While I still don’t think it’s worth the price I paid, I guess that’s the going rate for perfection, or at least as close as you can come to perfection with a SmartPhone.

great review. I'm going from the 6 plus to the 7 plus, next week is my ETA.