What's new

Answer calls on iPad Air 2

brixtonboy

Reaction score
Hi team got a problem, with settings.
When the iPhone 6SE gets a call it also rings and can be answered on the iPad Air 2. It costs money to answer it that way. Can you help with the settings for that.
Thanks In Advance

Go to Settings - Phone on your iPhone, Select "Calls on Other Devices", and disable your iPad there. On your iPad, disable your iPhone's number in Settings - Facetime - You can be reached by Facetime at (remove checkmark), or disable "Calls from iPhone".

Many the for schnell answer all sorted now. Best wishes and eine gut Rutsch ins 2017

My iPad only answers if the iPhone and iPad are on the same WiFi so I don't get charged, although holding my iPad up like a phone to my ear gets me strange looks [emoji23][emoji23]

Can you please explain how it "costs money" to answer it that way on iPad.

Thanks, Michael

No sorry l have no idea these items are not mine and l don't have access to the bills.
Could it be something to do with the sending of the call from the iPhone to the iPad? Don't know

No sorry l have no idea these items are not mine and l don't have access to the bills.
Could it be something to do with the sending of the call from the iPhone to the iPad? Don't know
The communication between the iPhone and the iPad when answering or making calls from the iPad is via WiFi. No cellular data is used for this purpose. As far as the cellular provider is concerned they have no idea your iPhone is relaying calls to the iPad. If you're in an area with no WiFi, this feature will not work.

Then l have no idea why they would have said that to me.

Then l have no idea why they would have said that to me.
Scifan57 is 100% correct. I have never activated the cellular feature on my ipadAir2. But when it is on wifi and my iPhone is within a certain distance (and I mean it can be several rooms away, so it's a big distance) it rings when the iPhone rings. And I usually answer with the iPad. I have never been billed for this by my wireless company or my wifi provider. As said, the wireless provider does not know. Now, that does give me an idea, but it's a long shot. The iPhone has the ability to answer calls with a weak signal using a feature called Wifi Assist. And my bill shows this but never applies a charge. Maybe someone is confusing all the terms, you need to view that bill.